Weekly Rundown: Jan 22-28

Happy Monday everyone! Nothing new to report this week, except a few more miles than last week.

I got another sports massage on Friday, which made me crazy sore for my weekend runs. Usually sports massages don’t make me sore, but I’ve been seeing a new massage therapist (Cindy at Old Village Massage) and she’s doing a great job. She is also an RN and a triathlete, so she gives great insight from a massage therapist, medicine, and athlete’s perspective.

Even then, sore runs beat no runs, so I’ll take it.

Monday 60 min. Arc Trainer + 45 min. BodyPump
Tuesday 5.2 miles
Wednesday 6.3 miles
Thursday 4.2 miles + 60 min. BodyPump
Friday Sports Massage
Saturday 7 miles
Sunday 8 miles
Total 30.7 miles

Along with running, I threw in some cross training on the Arc Trainer and BodyPump class. Clay and I joined a gym in December, and I’m enjoying BodyPump again. I don’t lift super heavy on the squat or lunge tracks, but I get a great workout. My upper body is already feeling and looking stronger after just a few weeks. A few years ago, we were members of a gym with Les Mills classes and I really enjoyed them, so it feels good to be back.

IMG_20170223_183401_thumb.jpg

Most of my runs this week were solo. I had a meeting on Wednesday so I didn’t make it to the track for the workout (not that I would be doing the workout, but I would’ve been running easy in the outer lanes and cheering). Since I can’t race, I ran the bridge on Saturday, and that was solo but fun because I saw some familiar faces. The cruise ship was in port too- I love seeing the Carnival Ecstasy ship even if I’m huffing and puffing on the Cooper River Bridge.

On Sunday, I met up with the OnShore Recreation/Hampton Park group for 8 miles. The rain held off and we had a BIG crowd. We took a big group picture, but Melissa missed the picture so here’s a post-run picture.

image

After group run, I went to the Boozy Bingo Brunch with Emily. We had tacos and played bingo at Charleston Sports Pub, one of my favorite restaurants in West Ashley. Neither of us won anything at Bingo, but we had a lot of fun hanging out and playing. It’s a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon before the Super Bowl (and to bring business to the bar).

image

I hope everyone has a great week!

I’m linking up with Holly and Wendy for their weekly wrap link. Come join the fun!

This entry was posted in Injury, OnShore Recreation, Team Janky, Training Log and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Weekly Rundown: Jan 22-28

1. Hollie says:

I’m glad you are able to run again though. I know it’s been a slow process but you’ll be back doing workouts and racing soon.

2. runeatralph says:

Hooray for more miles…and those TACOS!

They are so good… I love Charleston Sports Pub. They’re opening their fourth location here soon, so they must be doing something right.

• runeatralph says:

I need to go back to Charleston one of these days. I went for a wedding like 4 years ago and loved it. I lived there when I was 19 and stupid, so I missed out on a lot of things.

3. Wendy says:

Glad to see you are back at it! Bingo sounds like a blast!

4. Laura says:

Great work piling on the miles- sounds like a fun week!

5. AJ says:

Yum tacos after running sounds even better than coffee after running:)

6. HoHo Runs says:

Boozy Bingo Brunch sounds like a ton of fun! It’s good to see you back to a more normal running schedule, even though I know your mileage is typically much higher. You’ll get there. Thanks for linking!

Yeah, I’m probably going to cut back a little this week, hope I’m not overdoing it. The cross training really isn’t so bad when I’m getting some runs in, though.

7. So if the cruise ship has a port there, do you every go on last minute cruises for really cheap? That’s a thing, isn’t it??

Actually… no. The Port of Charleston only has one ship homeported here (Carnival Ecstasy), and it is one of the more expensive ports. The ship always sails full, mostly people from SC, NC, Tenn, who are driving to the port. Most people don’t fly to Charleston to cruise. Port Cavnaveral, Jacksonville, and Miami Fla, all have much cheaper cruises than Charleston.

I probably won’t go back on the Carnival Ecstasy. It’s a super small ship and is leaving Charleston next year. The cruise wasn’t bad but we basically laid around and watched Netflix and ate all week anyway, haha.

8. Well done on your training and my oh my do those tacos look good!!

9. Yay for a few more miles than last week! How awesome that you have such a great massage therapist who get the job done AND provides great insight!

10. thisrunnersrecipes says:

Glad to see you back at running a bit more! I bet it feels so good to get out there, even if you are sore. Your new sports massage therapist sounds great!

11. Elizabeth C. says:

Nice update. It’s good you have a massage therapist you like and who works for your needs. I am typically not sore after my massages except for in the neck and shoulders!

I’ve always had good luck with massage for injuries and injury prevention. One goal this year was to get back in the swing of maintenance massages, so I bought a monthly membership to a local place that has multiple therapists on staff- and almost all of them do sports massage. I do one massage a month there, so I can do extras if I’m injured