Running by the Numbers- 2014

1 8K

1 5 Mile Trail Race

2 10Ks

DSCN7733.jpg

1 10 Mile Trail Run

DSCN7692.jpg

1 Half marathon as a pacer (Charleston Half)

1011861_10151894768048583_1954139864_n.jpg

1 Run-at-your-own-risk half marathon

1 Crazy Trail Running Road Trip (Five trails and many new friends)

DSCN7571_thumb.jpg

1 calcaneal stress reaction

7 weeks off

DSCN7463.jpg

3 missed races due to injury- I volunteered at all of them.

1528 miles

I may not be where I want to be, but Iā€™m closer than I was yesterday.Ā

1518678_873046979374314_3080370625111762024_o_thumb.jpg

Thanks to everyone who’s been there for me along the way, and I wish all of you a happy and healthy 2015!

This entry was posted in Believe Achieve Run Club, Charleston Marathon, Charleston Running, Fitness World Run Club, Memories, Moore On Running, OnShore Racing, Raccoon Pond Rush, Running, Trail running, TrySports Ambassador and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Running by the Numbers- 2014

1. Pam says:

Amazing year for you Amy despite that injury and if I did not mention it the last time you posted the final photo, it is fantastic and needs to be framed for your desk. That is a rockstar running photo! Can’t wait to see how your 2015 goes and that upcoming half!

Thanks Pam! That photo is courtesy of Brian Fancher Photography. Brian and I are on the TrySports team together and he’s an amazing athlete and photographer. Brian does a lot of the race photos in the Charleston area, and I’m always delighted to see that he’ll be at a race I’m running. I’m pretty much guaranteed to at least get a good picture out of it regardless of time!

2. harveylisam says:

What a great year! Good luck in 2015, Amy šŸ™‚

3. Hollie says:

Despite your injury, you had a successful year. Nice work and cheers to a great 2015.

4. allieksmith says:

What an amazing year filled with races and new experiences! I love that you volunteered at the races you missed. I can tell you truly LOVE running! You still did so much despite being injured, too! I can’t wait to follow your blog this year šŸ™‚

Thanks Allie. Volunteering was really fun- it’s a good way to give back to the running community and the races always need volunteers (especially volunteers who are also runners). I will be volunteering at a race next weekend as well.

5. Great way to work hard and come back from injury so strong, cannot wait to see what 2015 has in store for you.

6. Elizabeth C. says:

Those are wonderful photos! You look so strong and happy. It’s obvious that running really puts a glow in your heart. Best wishes for a happy and healthy 2015!

7. Jennifer says:

Nice retro! Can’t believe I missed this post – my bloglovin did not feed this through.

8. LilMysNinja says:

You had a great year in numbers! I loved your running road trip. šŸ™‚