I may not be running (much), but I can still do surveys like this one.
1. This or that: 5K or a half marathon?
A 5K. I’m a lazy racer. I’ll run 13.1 miles in training… for the 5K.
2. This or that: flat race in the heat or hilly race in the cold?
I’d go for the hilly race in the cold because that would be a completely new experience for me. Nine months out of the year, I run flat, hot, races here in Charleston.
3. This or that: new running shoes or a new running outfit?
New shoes. I need new ones and plan to purchase them when I’m able to run again. I’m currently eyeing the Mizuno Wave Rider or the Saucony Ride.
4. This or that: run a half marathon without headphones or Garmin?
I’d run sans Garmin. I ran 4 half marathons before my Garmin and my PR is still one of the Garmin-less ones. Of course, every half I’ve run since January 2013 has been a glorified training run for another race, which makes me wonder what I could do if I trained specifically for a half (maybe 2015?)
5. This or that: race because of the convenience (location, price, travel) or the swag?
It’s really more about which race my friends are doing, but other than that, convenience and a cause/mission I support.
6. This or that: PR but result in an injury or finish strong and missing a PR?
I never want a run to end in an injury. The goal of every run is to finish injured free, and that goal *always* comes before PRing.
7. This or that: 100 squats or 100 push ups? [Now take a break and go do them. ;)]
I’d definitely go for the squats, and I mostly likely did around 100 or so today in BodyPump, between the squat track and the lunge track.
8. This or that: run without socks or without sports bra?
I’d run without the sports bra. Provided it’s a short run, it’s not like I have much to support…
9. This or that: treadmill for an hour or run around the same street block for an hour?
Treadmill so I could people watch, unless the TV at Pivotal happens to be tuned to FOX News. That makes my elliptical time torturous enough already. When I was training, I did hour-long treadmill runs in front of the TV about once a week.
10. This or that: Ragnar Relay or Marathon Relay team?
I’d do Ragnar. Nothing like being in a smelly van with 7-8 of your closest friends for a few days (I hope I can do one someday)
11. This or that: Naked run or naked yoga?
Well, the lights are off in my yoga class…
12. This or that: Come in 4th in the Olympics or 1st in NYC marathon?
4th in the Olympics. The Olympics have shorter distances, so I wouldn’t necessarily have to compete for 26.2 miles. I’m sure the NYC Marathon is great, but I don’t think any race atmosphere compares to the Olympics. I’d also hope my Olympic race was early-on, so I could run it and then enjoy whatever country I was in for a few days while recovering.
13. This or that: give up running for 3 years to (eventually) get a BQ or never BQ but run as much as you want?
Never BQ and run as much as I want. I’m perfectly content sticking to shorter distances , and even if I BQed, I don’t have the money to register for and run Boston. I’m sure between my family, friends and couponing/money saving skills, we’d find some way to make it happen, but right now I have a home to pay for.
What would your answers be? Take it and find out and link back to me so I can see it! Or, feel free to comment with your answers 🙂