Saturday Running Survey

I may not be running (much), but I can still do surveys like this one.

I swiped this from Lauren of Cool Runnings Journey (great first name huh? Mostly since it’s my middle name).  Check out her answers here! All fun pictures are courtesy of I love to run ebibs.

1. This or that: 5K or a half marathon?

A 5K. I’m a lazy racer. I’ll run 13.1 miles in training… for the 5K.

s5-71_04_10_13_01_38

2. This or that: flat race in the heat or hilly race in the cold?
I’d go for the hilly race in the cold because that would be a completely new experience for me. Nine months out of the year, I run flat, hot, races here in Charleston.

3. This or that: new running shoes or a new running outfit?
New shoes. I need new ones and plan to purchase them when I’m able to run again. I’m currently eyeing the Mizuno Wave Rider or the Saucony Ride.

4. This or that: run a half marathon without headphones or Garmin?
I’d run sans Garmin. I ran 4 half marathons before my Garmin and my PR is still one of the Garmin-less ones. Of course, every half I’ve run since January 2013 has been a glorified training run for another race, which makes me wonder what I could do if I trained specifically for a half (maybe 2015?)

5. This or that: race because of the convenience (location, price, travel) or the swag?
It’s really more about which race my friends are doing, but other than that, convenience and a cause/mission I support.

c-120_12_05_14_16_27

6. This or that: PR but result in an injury or finish strong and missing a PR?
I never want a run to end in an injury. The goal of every run is to finish injured free, and that goal *always* comes before PRing.

7. This or that: 100 squats or 100 push ups? [Now take a break and go do them. ;)]
I’d definitely go for the squats, and I mostly likely did around 100 or so today in BodyPump, between the squat track and the lunge track.

8. This or that: run without socks or without sports bra?
I’d run without the sports bra. Provided it’s a short run, it’s not like I have much to support…

9. This or that: treadmill for an hour or run around the same street block for an hour?
Treadmill so I could people watch, unless the TV at Pivotal happens to be tuned to FOX News. That makes my elliptical time torturous enough already. When I was training, I did hour-long treadmill runs in front of the TV about once a week.

s7-63_28_05_14_01_52

10. This or that: Ragnar Relay or Marathon Relay team?
I’d do Ragnar. Nothing like being in a smelly van with 7-8 of your closest friends for a few days (I hope I can do one someday)

11. This or that: Naked run or naked yoga?
Well, the lights are off in my yoga class…

12. This or that: Come in 4th in the Olympics or 1st in NYC marathon?
4th in the Olympics. The Olympics have shorter distances, so I wouldn’t necessarily have to compete for 26.2 miles. I’m sure the NYC Marathon is great, but I don’t think any race atmosphere compares to the Olympics. I’d also hope my Olympic race was early-on, so I could run it and then enjoy whatever country I was in for a few days while recovering.

13. This or that: give up running for 3 years to (eventually) get a BQ or never BQ but run as much as you want?
Never BQ and run as much as I want. I’m perfectly content sticking to shorter distances , and even if I BQed, I don’t have the money to register for and run Boston. I’m sure between my family, friends and couponing/money saving skills, we’d find some way to make it happen, but right now I have a home to pay for.

s5-11_02_10_13_16_26

What would your answers be? Take it and find out and link back to me so I can see it! Or, feel free to comment with your answers 🙂

This entry was posted in Just for Fun. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Saturday Running Survey

1. nevie b. says:

Oh this is fun! Some of these are some really tough questions. I actually think I’d run without socks before sans sports bra. And I so feel you on “unless it’s tuned into Fox News.” Can’t be running on a nauseated stomach 😉

2. Half marathon is my favorite distance for sure!

I actually like running 12-13 miles, especially downtown. I like the MTP/Bridge/Battery/King Street and back route. And I loved pacing the Charleston half this year, I’ll probably pace in 2015 as well. That and May Day will be my half marathons :).

3. Haha I love your answer to #11!!! Quite creative!

4. harveylisam says:

Fun survey! I’d rather run the half marathon, but usually I opt for the 5Ks because of a lack of training time.

That’s one reason I like 5Ks. People do them extremely well-trained to the distance, and other people walk them just for exercise. It’s the everybody distance 🙂

5. Yunica says:

Love this survey!! I saw it yesterday but didn’t have time to do it, so I’m commenting now with my answers 🙂

1. This or that: 5K or a half marathon?
    Half marathon — I’ve never properly trained/raced a half marathon, but the distance is more appealing to me than a 5k. I was a mid-distance runner in high school, so running anything longer than a mile at a fast pace still scares me.

2. This or that: flat race in the heat or hilly race in the cold?
    Same here — hilly race in the cold. I can’t stand heat and humidity, so I can’t imagine running in South Carolina!

3. This or that: new running shoes or a new running outfit?
    Ooo tough one… I’ll go with running outfit because I have a ton of shoes.

4. This or that: run a half marathon without headphones or Garmin?
    Same. Garmin-less. I just got mine 3 months ago, so most of my running career has been Garmin-less. I can’t give up my classical music during runs though, so I’ll need those headphones!

Convenience.

6. This or that: PR but result in an injury or finish strong and missing a PR?
    Miss a PR. Injuries are never good.

100 push ups.

8. This or that: run without socks or without sports bra?
    Sans sports bra. Not much there either haha.

Same street block (or even a track). I can’t do treadmills!

10. This or that: Ragnar Relay or Marathon Relay team?
    Ragnar! It’s on my running bucket list.

11. This or that: Naked run or naked yoga?
    If it’s a naked run where everyone is naked but we’re allowed to wear shoes, I’d totally do that. Otherwise, naked yoga. I don’t think my feet can handle barefoot running.

12. This or that: Come in 4th in the Olympics or 1st in NYC marathon?
    4th at the OLYMPICS. I’d probably want to do the 800m. That would make me an Olympian for life. I would never get a tattoo, but if I ever went to the Olympics (which I won’t), I’ll tattoo the Olympic rings somewhere on my body where it’s not visible but can be shown if necessary. Heh.

Give up running 3 years to get a BQ. I didn’t run from sophomore year of high school to junior year of college, and after those 4-5 years, I was able to run more than 3 miles at a time, which I had never done before, so I wouldn’t mind sacrificing 3 years to get a BQ. That also means 3 years of mad cross training/strength training and being a total beast when I come back and get a PR at Boston!

6. Amy says:

What a fun survey! I love all the questions and your answers. I am ready to start training specifically for the 13.1 soon. I usually run them as training runs, too. I hope you are feeling better and back to running soon!

Training for a half is something I might consider for 2015. After getting injured, I’m definitely focusing on shorter for the rest of the year but want to do a few 10Ks this Fall to prepare me for a new goal race (hopefully I don’t get injured 5 days before this one).

7. allieksmith says:

I’d totally take the flat race in the heat! Hills and the cold kill me haha. I think we both are used to the opposite things so we like the opposite of what we’re used to! This was fun to read–I love surveys! I’m glad to hear you’re getting back into running little by little!