Christmas 2013 Mail Call

Snail mail is one of the most fun parts about Christmas. The rest of the year, mail usually consists of bills, junk, and the random free sample.

Christmas cards and wedding invitations are the only things keeping the USPS alive, so I want to share some of the goodies we’ve received in the mail lately.

First, here’s an awesome Christmas present I received this week from my friend Kelli. Kelli and I met back in college at Francis Marion University, worked together at my first company, and now she works at ACS Technologies with me (well, not *with* me, but for the same company).

Kels and I obviously go way back. Here we are at Redbone Alley in Florence back in 2007 celebrating birthdays!

kels_amy_07_bdays

Kelli sent this awesome Tervis Tumbler. It’s the perfect size for coffee- it easily holds 2 k-cups worth of coffee (as I know from this morning). I’m sure it will become my dedicated coffee cup now.

Along with the tumbler, I got an awesome packaged from my Florence/Pee Dee area run club, which I’m still a part of. I don’t get to run with the folks in the Fitness World Run Club as often as I’d like, but I feel included as a runner and member, even living two hours away. I enjoyed seeing everyone at the Cooper River Bridge Run, Race for Taylor, Darlington Marathon, and James Island Connector Run this year, and hope to see them (and meet more run clubbers) at 2014 races.

DSCN6395_thumb.jpg

Since I ran over 1300 miles this year, I got this cool plaque for being in the 1000+ mile club. The run club has a banquet each December to recognize everyone as well. The beanie will keep my head warm (sometimes it gets cold enough for these in Charleston… I promise), plus I got a certificate and sticker. It was a nice surprise this week!

Clay signed up for the 12 Days of Christmas from Cards Against Humanity, and we’ve gotten some cool mail from them each day. For only $12, you get a different package each day. The first day’s package was a tiny lump of coal, and the other days have been cards to use when you play the game. It’s fun to see how the envelopes look each day, and even though Clay signed up for it (I do love playing the card game…), I’m excited to see them in the mail, too.

And… here are some of the various Christmas cards we’ve gotten from people! If you don’t see yours, maybe it just hadn’t arrived when the picture was taken. We get cards almost every day. I especially love the ones with pictures or life updates.

I hope you all are getting lots of mail this holiday season, and if you’re not, let me know and I’ll send you a card so we can change that (let me know if you’d like a card!).

This entry was posted in Fitness World Run Club, Friends, Holidays and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Christmas 2013 Mail Call

1. I love snail mail too! (good snail mail… like samples & cards & letters… not bills lol) I love the Holidays because I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas Cards! 🙂 Thank you for yours! & I see mine on your table! — YAY! 🙂

-mel

Yeah! Yours came earlier this week and the pictures are great on it. Most of our friends with kids always send ones with pictures and that is fun to see how much the kids have grown from last Christmas (I guess when we have kids one day we will do that too).

2. I agree, I love Christmas time because I get more things in the mail besides bills. That is a nice plaque you got and congrats on the 1000 mile club. That is a huge accomplishment!

Thanks girly :). As of yesterday it was actually 1525, hehe. The plaque is great and I can’t wait to hang it above my desk in my home office.

1000 miles in a year is a big accomplishment, of course it’s different for each runner and how long they’ve been in the sport and how much time they want to dedicate to it. Running consistently is something to admire for anyone! I’m glad the run club rewards us for a job well done!

3. spectacuLAUR says:

I love the Christmas cards with personalized pictures, too! My extended family takes a picture every year of their three boys and it’s AMAZING to see how much they grow each year. It’s really nice considering we only see them once a year, too! It helps you stay (somewhat) connected.

4. harveylisam says:

I LOVE getting snail mail and Christmas cards! We should exchange them. 🙂

5. I love receiving mail (except the bills and junk haha)

6. allieksmith says:

I looooove snail mail! It’s probably one of my top 3 favorite forms of communication!! It was fun to read through this post and see what you get in the mail around this time of year 🙂

7. I’m glad i’m not the only one who looks forward to snail mail! Seriously, the right piece of mail can totally change your whole day, am I right?

8. Steph says:

I love mail! We should exchange cards! I’m usually too lazy to do cards but I’m trying to get better.

9. I love the holidays! Opening your mailbox and finding something besides bills in the most amazing feeling ever.

10. Amy says:

Yay for Christmas Cards! Its so similar, yet so entirely different from blogging, isn’t it? Like you are reaching out to people, but you are also connecting with one person, as opposed to a mass audience. I could go on, but I will stop.
    And I love Cards Against Humanity, too. I bet they have a funny 12 days deal going on.

It’s a pretty neat 12 days deal, but we didn’t get anything yesterday! There was another day we didn’t get anything, my guess is one day 2 envelopes will come from them? I dunno. I am more excited about Cards Against Humanity than Clay now!

11. LilMysNinja says:

Ah, I love your tumbler!!!! I have one that I use for coffee every day but I’d much prefer a runner girl one. 🙂 Congrats on your plaque and making the 1000 mile club, that’s pretty awesome! I made myself a goal for 2013 to run at least 500 miles since I didn’t run as much or as consistently before and wanted to change that. It helped a great deal with my running and I definitely reached that goal but I was definitely no wear near 1000. 🙂 Maybe one day!

12. Snail mail around the Holidays is awesome. No one can say they don’t like getting cards, notes and presents! Love that tumbler that Kelli got you!

13. Laura says:

I very rarely RECEIVE Christmas cards but my boyfriend and I always send them out (and by always I mean this was our second year). It’s nice to send them to close friends and family in addition to people you don’t necessarily stay in touch with as much as you would like. I always mention that I am thinking of them this Christmas season and it just makes me feel good. I hope they enjoy getting them as much as we enjoy sending them!

You should email me your address and I will send you a card :). It’s a little late and I’m not sure it would get there by Christmas but I would definitely send you mail!