These are a few of my favorite things…

Hey guys! Nerri at La Petite Runner had a favorite things post awhile back, so I decided to shamelessly steal her idea and make one of my own. Too bad I’m not Oprah and can’t physically share my favorite things with you guys, huh?

This is not a sponsored post, as these are all products I buy and love, but if you want to buy some of them for me to love… I won’t stop ya Winking smile

The Bee’s Knees Peanut Butter

A few weeks ago, I got a coupon for Buy One Get One Free peanut butter on the Peanut Butter and Company Facebook page. We didn’t really need the peanut butter at the time, but it keeps forever and I hadn’t had the honey flavor in awhile, so I bought this at Walmart. It was super delicious and I forgot how much I missed it!

This should be available at your local Walmart, and you can find a $1 off coupon on their Facebook now (the buy one get one free one ran out of prints). The Cinnamon Raisin Swirl flavor is also a favorite of mine.

I even found a picture of me with these peanut butters from back in 2011 when Clay and I lived in Florence. We’ve been loving these for awhile, hehe.

Wild Blueberry Mountain K-Cups

These don’t need any creamer- they’re just outright delicious. I had a free sample of one awhile back and had to buy a 12-pack from the grocery store because it was so good. I’m usually not one for fruity flavored coffee, but these have converted me. The blueberry flavor isn’t overwhelming but you can taste a little hint.

KAKEMUN - Green Mountain Fair Trade Wild Mountain Blueberry Coffee for Keurig K-Cup Brewers - 24 Count, $12.90 (http://www.kakemun.com/green-mountain-fair-trade-wild-mountain-blueberry-coffee-for-keurig-k-cup-brewers-24-count/)

My new Hollister rain jacket

Hollister had up to 60% off clearance on their website a few weeks ago, and since the rain just won’t stop here in Suburbia by the Swamps, I bought a new rain jacket on sale. It’s kind of a short jacket and can also work as a windbreaker, but I love it so far. The jacket is sold out on the website now, so I’m glad I ordered when I did.

And since Clay wasn’t around Wednesday night before I headed out to The Alley in my rain jacket, the best picture you get is this bathroom selfie (how very Myspace-esque).

Bitstrips

Forget Candy Crush, my favorite Facebook app is definitely Bitstrips. If we’re friends on Facebook, you’ve seen me post the cute comics. A couple of people have asked if I’m drawing them myself but it’s the app- I don’t have that kind of talent.

64294_638725747153_419462737_n

Each day, they have new comics and you can design avatars of yourself and your friends and create the comics. It’s pretty fun but can be such a timesuck designing avatars, so don’t do it when you’re at work. Before you know it, you’ve spent hours on the site. They’re developing an android app as well.

This caption on this one was “Amy brings Clay a bouquet of awesomeness”. Hehe.

382490_648380558833_126027794_n

Do Yoga With Me

I love Charleston and I love my gym here (East Shore), but I still miss doing yoga with my awesome yoga class and teacher back at McLeod Health and Fitness Center in Florence. MHFC had yoga classes every single day, multiple times per day, and tons of classes in general. Now, I’m limited to twice per week with my current gym membership (they offer yoga twice per week), and I can’t always make those times.

I credit yoga for keeping me healthy and un-injured with all this running and could never stop, so I was happy to find DoYogaWithMe.com. It’s a website with video tutorials of yoga classes. The classes are various lengths and abilities, so you can always find something. Even if you only have 15 minutes (can we say break at work?), there’s a yoga class for you.

236e0a3d7521ef68976301226c3fccd3

If you can possibly do yoga with an instructor, DO THAT. A good instructor guides you through poses and shows you modifications, so you stay safe and don’t get injured doing yoga (yes, it happens!). But, DoYogaWithMe.com is a great alternative for when you can’t get to a class due to a busy schedule.

Candles

I got this candle a few weeks ago at Bath and Body Works– they had an amazing one-day sale on the jar candles for $10. It smells like I’m baking something without actually having to bake something (side note… it does make us crave dessert sometimes).

What are some of your favorite things lately? Do you like burning candles around the house- if so, which ones and which scents?

This entry was posted in Just for Fun and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to These are a few of my favorite things…

1. A few thoughts…
    1. That cinnamon raisin swirl PB sounds delicious! I’m so going to have to pick some up.
    2. I love DoYogawithme.com …. my gym doesn’t really offer a true Yoga class at all and so I try to incorporate a video 1-3 times a week. I agree with it helping prevent injury, and I feel like since I’ve really ramped it up and focused on the stretching and Yoga during the week, my long runs hurt a lot less afterwards.
    3. I totally hear ya about craving dessert with that candle. We have that one and a few other desert candles that really amp up the sweet tooth when I burn them.

Thanks for sharing your faves!

I’m glad your longer runs are hurting less by doing yoga! That’s why I do it on Sunday or Monday, it’s good recovery from a long run.

You should try the Cinnamon Raisin PB. I’ve only found it at Harris Teeter stores but I’ve seen the other varieties at Walmart and usually just buy them there. I think World Market may carry them too.

2. Nerri says:

Love this! I am obsessed with burning candles. I like the “clean” smelling ones like laundry and fresh cotton/air/whatever but also am a sucker for fall candles that smell like cinnamon and apple pie 😉

3. Amy says:

I am such a fan of Do Yoga With Me. Studio or gym classes take much longer and all I need is a good 15 minutes every day to go ahead and stretch everything out. Definitely not the same feeling after a class as at the gym, but I will take it. I haven’t tried the cinnamon swirl pb, but have you tried Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter? Now that is something to be obsessed about!

I’ve tried the cookie butter at Trader Joe’s, but didn’t really care for it (I actually don’t care for Nutella either). It was more sweet and less peanut butter-y, and I really like more of the peanut butter feel than the “spread” feel, you know.

I like how you can fit in the Do Yoga with Me classes in a break at work or just a break in your day. I’m blessed to have an hour or so each day to devote to running, or BodyPump, or whatever workout I want to do… but many people don’t have that, so that makes this a great option for them.

4. spectacuLAUR says:

I always have candles burning around my house in the winter. My absolute favorite is the Pumpkin Caramel Latte from BBW! And I always love all of the winter/holiday smells! I think they just smell so cozy and immediately take you to a good place of holiday memories. I bought them a lot at school to make my apartment feel a little more “homey”. I still have to try the Wild Mountain Blueberry Coffee!

Pumpkin Caramel Latte? Yeah, that would really excite my sweet tooth more than the cupcake scented candle. I’ll have to look for that the next time I’m at BBW!

5. Love burning candles, the scents depend on the season (It’s always apple pie or pumpkin spice in the fall!)

I love seasonal scents too :). They had some summer scents at BBW, but I’d almost rather wait for the Fall ones, you know?

Fall smells better than summer ;). Summer just smells like sweat when you’re a runner.

6. I LOVE the Bee Knee’s peanut butter flavour! I haven’t tried any of the other ones, but of course I’m sure I will eventually 🙂

7. I actually wondered about the bit strips until I saw there was an app for them.

I’ve heard bees knees peanut butter is pretty good. I don’t go through peanut butter very quickly but I might need to buy a jar.

We really like peanut butter around here, and that’s our brand of choice. It’s the best one you can get for the money, and I like how it’s at Walmart, Publix, etc (I really hate Walmart, but it is nice that I like a brand that’s readily available and not something I have to go to a specialty store for!). I’ve tried some brands and just didn’t care for them. I do like grinding my own at Earth Fare, though- that’s really fun :).

And yeah, people keep asking me if I designed the Bitstrips comics… oh no, I don’t have talent like that!

8. allieksmith says:

Can you please magically turn into Oprah and physically share all of your favorite things?! I would love that 😉

Especially peanut butter. And candles. And k-cups. And rain jackets. So pretty much everything!

A few of my favorite things: colored pens, journals, coffee, and swimming!

I love colored pens too… and I’m now wondering why they didn’t make this list. I just bought some at Staples the other day (yay for back to school sales). My planner is all decked out in colors hehe!

9. one of my favorites is my keurig kcups. I am definitely going to have to find the blueberry ones. And I have ALWAYS wanted to try that peanut butter (i mean cinnamon raisin- sign me up!

Yeah, I love this kcup too. They’re going on sale here next week so I plan to buy a few more 12-packs.

The cinnamon raisin PB is good! It’s a little gritty but in a good way, from the cinnamon.

10. Mmm, peanut butter!! I’ll have to try that brand.

I’ll also have to check out the yoga website. I NEED to make that part of my routine.

11. Kara says:

Once I learned what type of yoga I liked and started looking at it more as a great stretch and strengthening session to help my running and body get stronger, I started enjoying it a lot more! (And once I stopped trying to do the crazy “advanced” poses and accepted that I couldn’t do them properly yet, haha! And that’s OKAY!) That website sounds awesome…sadly I get way too distracted to do yoga at home! Also, I think if I had a candle that smells like that, I would want dessert ALWAYS haha

I think the issue with so many runners and yoga is that they don’t realize there are so many types. You can do hot yoga or something that is really a workout and makes you sweat a ton, but there are gentler versions of yoga out there that give you deep stretches to help running. People don’t realize there are types of yoga to compliment every sport, if you don’t want yoga to be your “sport” or activity of choice.

It would be hard to do a longer class of yoga at home, but I like the shorter ones and sometimes I’ll combine a few of those to get a good stretch in!

12. I love Knees Bees! And the cinnamon swirl, but i can seriously down a jar (yes, a jar) by myself in a day so I have to say no to it most of the time. Unless it’s for a recipe then i love picking up a jar. By far makes the best Oats in a Jar!
    I am also loving my Athletic Greens, nothing new to us but we just got a new jar after being out for a few weeks so my love has grown stronger again.

Yeah, I agree! I could probably put down a jar in a day as well. I don’t buy it much, it’s pricey and yeah, I eat it super quickly.

I should try athletic greens. I have had the greens plus powder before, mixed into smoothies. It’s not bad either.

13. LilMysNinja says:

I’ve been wanting to try that wildberry coffee every since I found it while searching for a blueberry coffee similar to the dunkin donuts one I love. This sounds like exactly what I need!

I love burning scented candles and have tons of them! One of my favorites is the apple pie scent for the kitchen.

14. I love candles in general but because we were given soooo many between my bridal shower and our wedding… I have been stocked for 5 years! Then again I don’t always burn them… especially now that Christopher can reach everything in sight…. 🙂
    I laugh every time I see those little comic strips. They make me smile! 🙂

I hope you have a great weekend! 🙂

15. I’d been wondering where you got the pics from! They are always so cute. I seriously thought you were creating them somehow for each blog (whoa time consuming!). I mean, I’m sure it still is somewhat via the app but hopefully less so than if you were hand drawing or creating on the computer 🙂

No way! It’s hard enough to keep up with posting blogs on here, much less drawing things for em. This whole blog writing deal is more time consuming than people realize!