Wednesday Words of Wisdom

Yesterday, I ran around the neighborhood to try out a new pair of shoes (Mizuno Wave Precision 13) and measure out a 5K for neighborhood runs. After all, everyone needs that 5K route that they run when they just want to run 3 miles.

I ran my “easy 5K” around the neighborhood in just over 25 minutes.

One year ago, that was my 5K race pace, on a good day (I ran a 25:22 in the Armed Forces 5K in Florence).

RFT_6
I may not break world records, state records, or course records.

But I will work hard and break my own records- and be thankful for everyone who’s helped me break those records, along with those I’ve helped break their own PRs.

Picture 223

Maybe next year, the 23:07 I ran on Saturday will be an easy neighborhood 5k pace.

One can dream hard… and train hard.

Don’t give up ♥.

You might like…

This entry was posted in 5Ks, Almost Wordless Wednesday, Motivation, Rural West Ashley. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Wednesday Words of Wisdom

1. Congrats on all your success running. Nothing gets me in a better mood to work out than a new pair or shoes. Keep up the great posts and don’t stop running.

2. Ooooh. How do you like the wave precisions? I have yet to veer away from the inspires and riders but I love both of them!

I wore the Inspires until Version 7 when they changed them up and they fit weird, so I changed shoes and went to the Precisions… now I love these! They don’t feel super light in your hands but they do feel very light on your feet, but have enough support for longer distances like half marathons (I bought them for summer long distance runs).

3. It’s amazing how your old race pace turns into your tempo or easy pace, isn’t it? Progress feels good. 🙂

4. Those shoes are supper pretty!

5. Steph says:

It feels so good to improve so much 🙂 I’m the same way, last year I ran a half in 2:30 and now my marathon pace is faster than that!

That’s so awesome- I’ve glad you’ve improved a lot too. It seems like when people run marathons they improve at shorter distances. I hope that’s the case with me.

6. those shoes are BEAUTIFUL, you knew i was going to come say that right?

Haha, I’m not surprised! But the Precisions aren’t as popular as oh say, Wave Rider, Wave Inspire, or Wave Creation. They’re a lot harder to find in stores, especially in the non-pink color. They’re my favorite shoes though, so I’m willing to order, especially since I buy other shoes locally :).

• Ya, our stores don’t sell them. You have to get those bad boys online meaning they are even more precious

Dick’s Sporting Goods had them here, but only in pink. I refuse to purchase running shoes from a store that sells everything from guns to golf clubs to shoes, so I bought online, haha.

I set two PRs in my Precision 12s- half marathon and 5K. I know PRs are more about training than shoes, but I feel like these have the right amount of cushioning to train for everything up to a marathon, but are still lightweight, which I like. I have the Wave Elixirs, they are light and great, but my feet hurt a bit after the half I ran in them.

7. spectacuLAUR says:

This is such a short, sweet post but so meaningful! I love it. I know for a fact I’ll never have world record times but I think it’s the desire and drive to beat your own times which makes training worth it. It’s just something to satisfy you and a tiny feeling of accomplishment. I miss it. ❤

8. Have you tried other mizuno shoes?? I’ve always done wave rider but just transferred to the elixir.

I had two pair of the Wave Inspire 5s, then got the Wave Inspire 6’s. The 7’s were different, so I switched to the Precision 12’s (still wear occasionally- but will now become every day, gym, whatevs shoes) and the Elixir’s (wearing for my 10K Saturday, since I trained in them, but almost at the end of life).

I also have the Wave Ronins, which I got a few weeks ago and wore today. They’re racing flats- I wanted to do my 5k in them last Saturday but hadn’t run in them enough yet, so I’ll do my next 5K in them.

In there I’ve had two pairs of Brooks. Nothing against Brooks, but the first pair I started having hip pain when I was wearing them. I probably won’t buy Brooks again.

9. Hey Amy!

Love the purple shoes! And I think it’s great that you work on your running times outside of your races. Best wishes as you meet each new record! 🙂

Hehe, my last shoes were purple too. I dunno what it is with purple, but usually women’s shoes come in purple or pink shades and I’d rather go with a purple or blueish than a pink. Plus these are a little different than the shoes I see everyone else wearing, so it’s nice to look unique- I always get compliments on them from random peeps!