Mt. Pleasant Run/Walk for Boston and House Updates

Happy Wednesday everyone!

I hope you’ve all been doing well- we’ve been busy around here lately with house stuff. My parents visited last week to see it and fell in love with it too. I know I don’t talk about house details too much, but I don’t like talking about things I’m not 100% sure about. Fortunately, things are inching a lot closer to being 100% sure, and we’re scheduled to close next weekend- eek!

house_pic

So, I’m heading to the grocery store this evening to get boxes for packing. Our lease here isn’t up until June, so it will be a slow move. Obviously we’re excited and want to get in as soon as possible- and we will- but at least we don’t have to move everything and clean in one weekend like we had to when we moved to Charleston.

Super thankful for a less stressful, in town move- the house is actually right down the road.

On Monday night, I participated in the Run/Walk for Boston held at TrySports Mt. Pleasant. All four of the TrySports stores in NC and SC held the run on Monday and donated 26.2% of the day’s earnings to the OneBoston fund.

The 2.62 run included everyone from speedsters to walkers, and the local news even came out. I tried to stay far away from the camera but they managed to catch me signing the banner at the 22 second mark- oops (the banner was sent to OneBoston along with the proceeds).

ts_run_for_boston_banner

Over 200 people came out, and everyone ran or walked at their own pace, and those who finished stood at the end and cheered for everyone else.

ts_run_for_boston_start

The route was an out and back, so everyone gave each other high fives and encouragement when running by. It showed the strength and compassion of the local community and also drew lots of people out who might not normally participate in an organized event.

I ran a speed workout at lunch that day, so Nadine and I ran the course together with a few other ladies- we took it easy and talked along the course. Here we are running by the TrySports store tent- we look like some fierce ladies.

amy_nadine_ts_Run

After the run, everyone got Boston Marathon memorial stickers (I plan to display mine on my running/awards table) and hung out and took pictures. I’m grateful to be involved with TrySports Mt. Pleasant and proud of events like this in our local community. I truly believe the events in Boston will actually get more people up and running, walking and participating in local races.

trysports_run_for_boston

Aside from running, I’m glad the authorities caught the suspect alive- as I was glued to the TV Friday afternoon watching the coverage.

I’m signing off to get to work. I’m running at lunch today to participate in National Walk at Lunch Day (too bad all my coworkers are in Florence or other cities and can’t join!), then staying busy with house stuff. I’ll also be back soon with my recap of the iFiveK race that Clay and I did on Thursday night.

Have a great day!

This entry was posted in Buying a Home, Mt Pleasant, TrySports Ambassador and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Mt. Pleasant Run/Walk for Boston and House Updates

1. pickyrunner says:

Your house is just perfect- I love it! I wish I could have participated in a run for boston event. Unfortunately being in track season makes me have zero time for those types of things. At least I’ll be doing the run to remember next month.

Thanks! Yeah, the actual listing has more pictures and information, but we think it’s perfect too (obviously, haha). Sorry you haven’t been able to participate in a run/walk for Boston yet but I think the Run to Remember definitely counts :).

2. I have all of my fingers crossed everything goes as planned until the closing. I know how stressful it can be. And a slow move out definitely seems like a less stressful way to do things. Good luck and I am so glad you have made such a fun and supportive groups of runner-friends in Charleston; they are fun to read about 🙂

Thanks girly- yes it will be way less stressful! There’s stress with every move- even if we were moving next door, there would be stress. But, it sure beats moving on Friday, cleaning on Saturday, unpacking on Sunday, and working on Monday, which is what we did last June!

3. I like the house a lot and I hope that it goes smoothly. I can certainly relate to not wanting to blog about things I’m not postive about…I mean it’s awkward if it doesn’t work out I guess. That being said, I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you. I would say that I’m doing the walk with coworkers…but we might blow away in this wind today ha ha.

Yeah, definitely don’t blow away!

That’s a good excuse not to walk with coworkers though. Here in SC it is pretty almost all year, so there’s really no good reason not to get out today and do something.

Thanks for the well wishes on the house…

4. ladycoop says:

So exciting that your closing is happening soon! Awesome that you don’t have to rush to move in/out.

5. I am so glad you got to do a run for boston, a great cause and better being able to do it with others.

6. Steph says:

Yay! I hope closing goes well for you guys. If that goes well, it will be nice to not have to move all at once. That is so stressful!

7. Awesome! Looks like a successful event! Watched the link to the news. I saw you! 🙂
    I really love the new home. Loving the porch! 🙂

Oh yeah, I can’t wait for that porch. Hooray for having a swing and also somewhere to put my muddy/dirty shoes instead of having to wear them into the apartment (for fear of some random dog around here walking off with one of my $100 shoes!)

8. Buying a house is always a stressful— yet really fun process. I was feeling really crafty and made something for you, I’ll be mailing it out soon 🙂 (Just let me know if I should send it to your new address or the address you have now).
    I like what they gave you guys in honor of Boston.
    BTW: Did you see those shirts Nike had to take off shelves????

Have a great day! 🙂
    -Mel

I actually did not see where Nike took any shirts off the shelves, but somehow I wouldn’t be surprised. I have a few of those shirts- one that says “Trophy Stealer” that I like, but I’ve seen a few that I thought were really negative or self-absorbed.

9. allieksmith says:

I’m really excited for your big move! I hope everything goes well! I can usderstand not wanting to get too excited, just in case something falls through. My brother closes on his first duplex tomorrow! He and his fiance (they’re getting married in July) are going to live in one side of the duplex, and rent out the other side to pay for the mortgage. They’re really excited. And I’m really excited because now they are going to live 20 minutes from me instead of two hours!

Congrats to your brother, and that’s a really great idea to rent out part of it to pay the mortgage. Plus only living 20 minutes away, that is really close!

10. recklessbull says:

Nice post and hope you had a good run. I really liked the concept of 26.2%

11. Amy! CONGRATULATIONS on the new house! It looks beautiful. 😀 I do apologize though, for not understanding a lot of the “homeowners” terminology, but maybe reading your posts will be a good tutorial… or observance! 😀

I’m glad to hear that running’s going well. That’s awesome that the Run/Walk for Boston exceeded the triple digits! What an honor.

Be blessed!

I don’t understand the housing terms either. We close next weekend too, and nothing’s been cleaned or packed. We are tardy to the house party.

We had a great time running and walking for Boston. Hopefully that combined with the beautiful weather will get a lot of people out to run club as well.

12. Looks like it was a great turn out for the run! We had a great on downtown too. So much support in the area, it makes me feel so fortunate to live in a great town.

Yeah, the downtown one also looked like fun. Fleet Feet had one tonight, but I have a friend in town this weekend (and I don’t usually run on Friday, as I do a long run Saturday so I take Friday off completely).

We definitely live in a great town- gotta love how people band together when things happen and support one another :).

13. chasingthekenyans says: