Hey everyone! I hope you’ve all had a great week- ours has been pretty busy and exciting. We went downtown last night for a Yelp Elite event (more about that later), then tonight, I went to the Charleston M+Arty in Mt. Pleasant.
Plus, it’s a holiday weekend and I’m off for Good Friday tomorrow, so Nadine and I are heading downtown to sightsee and chill- fun stuff. But today I’m linking up with Brunch with Amber for It’s Okay Thursday.
- To enjoy getting out of the house at night and especially enjoy going to downtown Charleston. I guess the downside is you have to pay to park, but at least parking is fairly cheap (if you find a decent garage that isn’t crazy scary!)
- To refuse to look at future weeks of your 10K training plan because you know looking ahead in the workouts will scare you. My friend sent me a list of weekly workouts to help me PR in the Race for Taylor. Her last plan resulting in me *PRing* a half marathon, so she has the magic training plan touch in my opinion. Speedwork is scary!
- To feel incredibly overwhelmed in the home buying process. Guys… there’s so much you have to do to buy a home. I’ve decided once we buy this one, we’re staying put for *years*. At least our inspection went well, and this was *not* found in the home!
- To feel hurt by comments telling me we should save and put more cash down for a home. We’re not sacrificing a home we like for something cheaper, and we’re not saving to pay cash. If we did that, we’d be renting forever. Most of those saying this follow the Dave Ramsey philosophy, and while Clay and I went through the Dave Ramsey FPU class, we don’t subscribe to everything he teaches (or rather, preaches, since it is mostly taught in churches). I’m all for saving money and budgeting- we do, but everyone’s situation is different. If I owned a company like Dave Ramsey, I’d pay cash too- heck, I’d own a company!
- To laugh at all the Facebook profile pictures that have resulted from the equal rights movement. First it was the equal sign, but now there’s this one. Gotta love picking on Paula, y’all. I watched her today when I ran on the treadmill, and the show really is all butter- even down to buttermilk and butter pecans… yep!
- To watch Myrtle Manor and think it’s hilarious. A lot of people who live in Myrtle Beach hate how the show portrays their town, but everyone realizes reality TV is made up, right? Now, the trailer park is getting a souvenir shop. Hey, I’d take a Myrtle Manor keychain or bumper sticker, and I’d love to take a dip in their pool.
That’s it for tonight- hope everyone has a great Easter/long weekend!