It’s Okay Thursday (February 7)

Hello everyone! Hope everyone’s had a good week- mine has been pretty busy with work lately. I have an article due next week, along with revised training manuals, and I just got a new work laptop with Windows 8. So… I get to learn Windows 8. Fun times, fun times.

Aside from that, nothing new. Clay and I went on our midweek date last night- we ate at Taste of Thai in West Ashley on the cheap with a Restaurant.com gift card and browsed house listings online. Of course, we’re still just browsing, but pretty sure it’s time for us to get pre-approved for a mortgage and find a realtor.

Any homeowners out there have advice for us? We will accept any and all advice right now. I think I need Homebuying for Dummies here…

Since it’s Thursday and I haven’t done this link up in forever, I’m linking up with A Complete Waste of Makeup for It’s Okay Thursday.

To dread getting your taxes done because of how much you’ll have to pay. I’ve *always* had to pay (the joys of having funds invested and earning interest from it, rather than having massive amounts of debt or even loan debt that I could write interest off of). Now that Clay is done with college and earning more as a computer programmer, our tax bracket will definitely go up this year. Ah, the joys of being a DINK.

To get excited over going for a long run with the TrySports run clubbers this weekend rather than doing an organized race. It’s fun to run with friends, chat, and chill, and our weather for this weekend looks beautiful.

To secretly want Waffle House for Valentine’s Day. Heart shaped hashbrowns? Oh yes! Since Valentine’s Day is on a Thursday, it would be perfect anyway because we’d probably want to “officially” celebrate that weekend.

To also contemplate a Valentine’s meal at Qdoba. If you’re not in the South or waffles aren’t for you, maybe this Qdoba deal is…

To think any run where you can wear a tank top in February is a good run.

To admit the best part of the Super Bowl party you attended wasn’t watching the game on the big screen TV, but rather the awesome tamales and taco bar Morgana made. The Super Bowl party I went to was my first time having tamales, but they are delicious.

To feel a little let down when you change out of your “work pajamas” and into real girl clothes, and then the only people you see that day are your husband and the gas station attendant (both of whom see me in pajamas daily).

To go to the library and get lost browsing the shelves, then end up checking out a guide to Disney World… we’re not going to Disney World anytime soon, but I’ll be prepared.

To wear red on “Go Red for Heart” day at work so you feel slightly connected to those who work in the office. Please ignore my marathon massage stick torture device in the corner of the picture. And yes, this is my actual home office/guest bedroom- freshly cleaned!

To feel like I desperately need to clean out my closet. If I haven’t worn it in the past year, it’s gone (with the exception of things like my wedding dress, etc). Purging solves the issue of lack of storage in this apartment.

This entry was posted in It's Okay Thursday, Working from Home and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to It’s Okay Thursday (February 7)

1. pickyrunner says:

I would want waffle house for valentines day too! Obviously the way to a girl’s heart is through hot chocolate and pancakes/waffles aka prime breakfast foods. And I’m not-so-secretly extremely envious of you and being able to run outside in shorts right now let alone TANK TOPS. The daggers are flying 😉

Thanks girly- I prefer coffee over hot chocolate (unless it’s coffee topped with a bit of hot chocolate at the gas station… which is my favorite gas station coffee creation), but you’re right about the breakfast foods.

Weather here has been great! Aside from 29 degrees last Saturday at my race, it’s been shorts every day this week.

2. My boy just met with his mortgage broker this week to discuss our possibilities of buying a home (and we do not even live in the same state!) and just from that and what he relayed to me, I learned a LOT about house-purchasing. Good luck-the learning curve can only go up from here!

3. Nerri says:

Brinner for VDay sounds divine!!! I am desperately in need of a purge. And a tank top run 😉

Yeah, a girl on my Facebook purged her closet and it was so amazing how much stuff she got rid of and how much more room she has. I figure I can get rid of most of my business casual clothes, I really haven’t worn them in a few years since my first job where I had to dress up, and I’ve since lost weight, no longer work there, and if I get another office job one day you know I will want to buy all new stuff, haha.

4. Steph says:

Yuck to taxes. They are too complicated and they are lame! Haha.

5. girl go to waffle house! that sounds like a bomb date night, heart shape hash browns yum. and a tank top in Feb. man I am jealous!

6. How is Windows 8, compared to Vista?? I’m still on Vista, since I first started in ’07.

Best wishes on starting your homeowners adventures! And no, I don’t know any advice on that topic. 😦 I know that I, myself, see buying or building a house as a scary thought, because it’s unfamiliar territory, and I know that with the job I have, apt. living is my best bet. So, I look forward to reading your posts on this. 😀
    And I did look at your model home photos from your other post, and I saw that famous Clay on the bed picture. Haha! Awesome. 🙂

Oh! I know what you mean about storage space. My apartment is a dorm room, as far as size goes, with a small bathroom/kitchen. And it gets tense, because I have a lot of stuff. My bed and dresser are still at my parents’ house, because I wanted the space with a furnished apt, as well as a pull-down bed. My tiny closet is filled to the max! And I’m accumulating boxes and luggage in the attic. It’s overwhelming! I’d like to eventually live in a place where I can have all my stuff with me, but I’m thankful that the furnished place was even available.

Good luck with your article for work!

• And just so you know… I’ve never been to Waffle House. We have them here in Ohio, but they’re in bigger cities. That may be a future blog topic. 🙂

Thanks- got my article done yesterday and will turn it in Monday.

Apartment living and renting really isn’t bad. Obviously we’ve rented for awhile. You don’t have to worry about home maintenance or repairs really, which is nice (especially when you’re female and don’t know jack about that stuff). Also you don’t have to cut your grass or anything like that. Now, you can’t really paint the walls or change much about the apartment or rental, that’s the downside. But at this point in your life it’s definitely not a bad decision. At this point in our life, it’s actually not a bad decision.

I follow a few home organizing blogs that give good tips for making the best use of space, I can send them to you if you want :). It’s kinda helping me out.

7. runwkate says:

It is ok!

I love it’s OK Thursday. So much 🙂

8. I just started renting my apartment in the fall, but I really love apartment life so far. It’s so much more spacious and secluded than the dorms were and even a one bedroom isn’t too expensive. But obviously someday when I’m older and have an actual income then I will be looking into buying a house–the process seems a little scary!

That Qdoba deal is…interesting. I think Chipotle has a deal on Tax Day where you can get a free burrito which is kinda cool. It doesn’t make up for paying taxes, but it’s a nice freebie.

With the amount we’ll most likely pay, I’m pretty sure we’ll want a free burrito wherever we can get one from… lol.

Qdoba would be fun for couples but then the idea of random people or friends going and kissing for free food is a little out there. I mean, I used to dress up like a cow for the free chick-fil-a when I ate meat (which really consisted of putting on a mask and taping black spots on a white shirt, not a full out cow costume). It was fun but kissing is a little out there!

9. I always pay taxes too. The only time I don’t have to pay is when I have grad school to write off. So sad because as a single teacher I am already busting my butt and in a ton of debt and then have to pay more….booo.
    It stinks, so sorry you have to pay also.

Yeah, I’ve always had to pay. And it doesn’t change when you get married. We did get a refund last year due to Clay being able to write school off (I guess he will get to write off one semester this year, at least).

Marrying me *decreased* his refund, too!

It’s super sad you have to pay as a single teacher. It’s almost like you’re paying your own salary, as if teachers aren’t already strapped for cash and any recognition.

10. P says:

Haha, DINKS :P! That picture is so true though 😛
    That’s a cute red sweater you got there 🙂

Thanks, I love that sweater :). American Eagle Outfitters.

Yup, my husband and I are dinks, and that’s how it goes for a few years. Gotta love disposable income and lots of time on our hands.