Oh How Pinteresting Wednesday (January 16)

Miss me yet? I wish I could say I miss writing when I don’t blog for a week or so, but working as a technical writer keeps me busy so after commenting on others’ posts, I don’t feel like writing one for myself. I also had some crazy deadlines last week, so the last thing I wanted to do was write more. Fortunately all deadlines for training documents were met (well, at least everything on my side).

Aside from work, my days are filled with running, going to the gym, doing errands, hanging out with Clay and friends, and organizing in the apartment. As a part of the Home Organization 101 challenge, I organized the kitchen last week- everything from the spice rack to under the sink. I even went through all the pens in the pen/pencil cup and threw away the ones that didn’t write. I cleaned everything in there pretty much top to bottom.

This week’s challenge in the garage so I’m cleaning out my car and will take it to the  car wash with a Groupon I bought recently. Gotta love Groupons for things like car washes and oil changes- saving you money on things you need (plus giving you incentive to actually get them done since Groupons expire).

Today, I’m participating in Oh How Pinteresting Wednesday to show some of my favorite Pinterest finds.

This one is so true for everyone who works from home!

I think I’ll do this when I organize my bathroom. Looks like a great idea, plus it’s easy to find medicine if you’re having a symptom without having to check all the labels.

Some of my friends actually did last weekend. It got close to 80 here in Charleston, but our pool closes in October, so no laying out for me.

Source: Uploaded by user via Amy on Pinterest

So true… I’m not sure what the fascination with redneck TV is all about, but this is one popular show. Every time it comes on, it blows up my Facebook and Twitter.

Source: someecards.com via Amy on Pinterest

Clay would definitely agree with this.

Source: imgfave.com via Amy on Pinterest

These banana muffins look delicious and are easy to make. Maybe I’ll make them and add some chocolate chips.

This entry was posted in Oh How Pinteresting Wednesday and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Oh How Pinteresting Wednesday (January 16)

1. I bet work has been crazy for you, you seem super organized though which I bet helps. Always love to hear from you!

2. Nadine Frehafer says:

You should come over Amy! I’ve been laying out at the pool the past few days 🙂

3. Hey you! Yes, I miss your posts, but I myself wasn’t a good blogger this week. I did write today though about visiting the aquarium last week. Lots of fun pictures, too!
    My mom has been trying to get me to join Pinterest. She’s so addicted. She talks about it all the time. I just haven’t made the time to actually sit down and join. When I do sit down, I’m usually doing other things on the computer. And I don’t think my mom realizes half the time that I don’t have Internet at my apartment. LOL.
    But I will look into joining. I hear there’s recipes, ideas for decorating and crafts, and just plain fun-ness on there.
    Looking forward to hearing morre from your blog!

P.S. You were right about WordPress. It is awesome! And I’m still “exploring” the newness of it. Wow!

I like it, but it’s a time suck. It’s another way to procrastinate working by pinning projects and things you won’t ever do. But sometimes I do make recipes from there or do the crafts (and it’s never as good as it looks on Pinterest, I’ve learned that much). Unless you’re really into craftiness, recipes, etc, it’s probably not worth joining, honestly. As long as you have a facebook account these days, you can get by. That’s like the minimum social media ;).

WordPress >>>> Blogger.

4. chasingthekenyans says:

I know the feeling on losing mojo to blog after reading and commenting! Some funny pins. It was so nice last weekend!

5. Now you have me excited for summer–it hasn’t been near 80 here since September! The pool at my apartment actually closed the weekend after Labor Day even though it was still warm for a month afterward, so I can’t wait for it to reopen. I don’t get why apartments close pools so early, except I guess to save money on heating costs.

They don’t close as early here. In Florence ours closed right after Labor Day and never opened until Memorial Day. Here it closed October 1. But some pools are still open around here, I think it depends on the city/county you live in and pool regulations (I really think city/county leadership could do better things with their time rather than regulate pools but oh well…)

6. It is actually very enlightening to hear of someone that can go a week without blogging and “not miss it terribly”. I knew you were a writer so I can only imagine how much you are doing. I’m dying at that bed pin though…seriously LOL.

Yeah, I’m sure if I had a job where I wasn’t in front of a computer all day, I’d want to blog more, lol. I did just buy and hook up the domain for the blog though so hopefully having money invested in it motivates me, LOL. I love so many things on pinterest, I should start making some of the recipes from there though.

7. Sarah says:

Bahah I love this post, Amy! Pinterest is awesome and this just makes me want to go and board creep for a solid few hours. Home organization challenege sounds good – it’s crazy how un-organized/messy living spaces can get!!! I do miss reading your blog more but you’ve got to do what is best for you. Us readers will always be here 🙂

Haha, I always creep on Pinterest, but it is definitely a time suck.

Hopefully I will be more motivated to write since I bought the domain and put some $$ into the blog. LOL.

8. runwkate says:

Haha! Mr The Rake can relate to Clay’s bed dilemmas 🙂

This post is so much fun. Let us know how those banana muffins go!

9. Those banana muffins do look great and boy did that weather feel crazy last weekend. Alas, no beach for me, I’ll save that for summer.

10. jealous of your organizing…I was supposed to do something like that at the beginning of the year and still haven’t started.

love your pinterest finds…especially the bed one. ha! I’ll go find ya there.

so glad to meet another area blogger. I didn’t even know many existed until recently. 🙂

Thanks, yeah my pinterest link is at the top. Don’t be too jealous of my organizing, we have almost no storage space in this apartment and things just need to be organized. I dread the bathroom cabinet and the closets, eek.

11. patty says:

Aw I’m glad you’re back! Holy cow for organizing your spices! And the pen drawer! Challenge not accepted for me :/