Sunday Shenanigans

Shenanigans. I just love that word. Sure I have to type each syllable out, but it’s still a neat word.

Since I haven’t blogged since the Pajama Run 5K, I decided I’d share some pictures of what I’ve been up to. Real life gets in the way of blogging and I’m not complaining.

Clay and I joined our friends Nadine and David for game night at their apartment. Nadine’s friend Siriana was visiting from California and we had another guy, Reese, over. He moved here a few months ago from Seattle. It’s neat having friends who’ve lived all over the country. We ate cookies, snacks, and artichoke dip and played a few games- the guys played video games too.

Cross Country season for Mt. Pleasant Track Club came to an end at the National USATF meet last Saturday. We had one kid make All American (top 25), but I was super proud of all of our kids. They did great to race in Albuquerque, New Mexico, on a tough course with a high altitude- not to mention missing school, flying across the country, and staying in a hotel. Those conditions are rough, even for adults, so you can imagine how tough it must be for kids.

I went to the TrySports Mt. Pleasant customer appreciation party last Wednesday night. We roasted marshmallows, drank hot chocolate and beer (but not together, haha), and had a great time. A few people also did a Christmas light holiday run around Snee Farms, but I ran earlier that day and it was raining, so I skipped that- roasting marshmallows and making Smores was worth it, anyway. I even got some Christmas shopping done at the event.

Super thankful for TrySports Mt. Pleasant and everything they do for the community.

Friday night, Liz, Nadine, Siriana, Samantha, and I went downtown to the Moon Pie General Store and Kaminsky’s Most Excellent Desserts.

Kaminsky’s makes the greatest desserts in Charleston and we had lots of fun. Since it was chilly out, I had a delicious chocolate wafer coffee with whipped cream. We took pictures and wandered around downtown for a  bit.

It looks like I was about to pour my coffee over Nadine’s head. Don’t worry, I didn’t.

I hope everyone’s having a great holiday season :).

This entry was posted in Believe Achieve Run Club, Charleston SC, Friends, Holidays, Just for Fun and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Sunday Shenanigans

1. looks like a blast! I am such a fan of open fires like that to cook smores

Haha, it was basically a little fire pit in front of the store, but it did the trick. I love roasting marshmallows and having Smores. It was lots of fun and I’m glad the stores sponsored it for the runners.

2. runwkate says:

Oh my goodness; so much delicious food! I’m a little envious of the customer appreciation party. This might be on my list for next year – get invited to one!

Yeah, it’s a sporting goods store here, they sponsor the run club that I go to and pretty much every race in the area. Most of us run clubbers (obviously customers they appreciate) went to the party, it was lots of fun.

3. allieksmith says:

It’s kinda nice when real life gets in the way of blogging, huh?! I love game nights… so much fun! LOL at the last picture with your coffee!!

4. pickyrunner says:

Ummm yum you’ve been eating some really delicious desserts lately! I’d say that’s totally acceptable to take a break from blogging 😉

Oh yeah, I went to a family barbeque Saturday as well, the desserts there were actually better than Kaminsky’s but I usually just do the awesome flavored coffees at K’s anyway (especially since it was chilly out Friday night). I have a major, major sweet tooth!

5. I love how involved you are in the running community here. Now that I am healthy I would like to do a bit more. I’ll have to see what I can fit in with marathon training. Also, I LOVE Kaminsky’s

6. Steph says:

Now I know where to go the next time i’m down there! =)

7. You mean bloggers have real lives too? Woo you almost blew my mind. Tee hee. 😉 I’m glad you are having such a good time Amy! It looks like it!

8. How funny is that we both have been taking photos in the Moon Pie Store recently??? GRTA! Merry Christmas! It looks like you are enjoying your 1st holidays season in Chucktown!