Back to dignity and grace- back home to Charleston

I’m going back to dignity and grace. I’m going back to Charlestonwhere I belong.” – Rhett Butler.

The Caribbean is beautiful, but the view from up there is pretty freakin’ awesome too.

My cruise vacation was fun, but I’m super happy to be home now. When we pulled into the driveway last night, this city felt more like home than ever- I guess going away for a week can do that to you. I only work three days at my big girl job this week and one cross country practice.

Shameless brag: 53 Mt. Pleasant Track Club kids qualified (either as individuals or part of a team) for the USATF National Cross Country meet, which is held in New Mexico this December. Proud coach here!

Okay, so my ugly runner’s feet and coaching face aren’t quite this bad…

I’ll write some blog posts about my vacation later, but for now, here’s a picture of Clay and I before we went to the Chef’s Table Dining Experience, which included a seven course meal, pictures and conversation with the head chef, and a tour of the galley.

You might like…

This entry was posted in Carnival Legend, Charleston SC, Mt Pleasant Track Club and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Back to dignity and grace- back home to Charleston

1. aw I can’t wait to hear more about it. getting back to routine and what you are used to always feels good though!

2. pickyrunner says:

can’t wait to see lots of pictures from your vacation!!!

3. Liz DeLoach says:

That is awesome. Glad to have you back, look forward to more vacay pics!

Super glad to be back, will see ya at the gym on Wednesday or Friday or maybe both days :). East Shore seems like a better place to spend Black Friday morning than the stores anyway!

4. you look so pretty in your picture! I can’t wait to hear about the trip!

5. Welcome back!
    Wow your kids did amazing. That is great!

6. runwkate says:

Welcome home! THos epictures are so much fun. And congrats on the qualifier 😀

Yup, there are tons more pics on Facebook, but I will put them on here in reviews soon. We had 6 National qualifiers for individuals and lots of team qualifiers, it was neat bc you don’t think of XC as a team sport but it really is!

7. Kara says:

You look so pretty in that dress, love it! So glad you had a great trip! That’s so nice that you only have three days of work this week. It’s always so hard to come back from vacation (for me at least!)

8. allieksmith says:

I am so jealous you got to do the Chef’s Table Dining Experience! I wanted to do that on the Carnival cruise I went on with my family but no one else wanted to… I guess they aren’t foodies like me ;).

Glad your back and I love the picture of you and Clay!

Yeah, it was definitely a fun experience, you can live vicariously through mine, lol. I don’t think we had anyone on our cruise do it alone but if you’re a people person you’d be fine doing it alone (esp. since it’s on board). It was probably the coolest meal I’ve ever had.

9. I love the dress and sweater combo in the last picture! So glad you had fun on your cruise, I can’t wait to hear more about it because I’ve always wanted to go on a cruise but I have no idea what to expect!