It’s Okay Thursday- November 8

Hey guys :). I wanted to do a quick post before leaving on my cruise this weekend.

Honestly, I’ve been so busy getting ready for our vacation this week, I haven’t had much time for anything else besides that, work, and coaching. Our cross country kids have the state USATF Cross Country meet on Saturday so we’re hoping for good results with that *crosses fingers*. They have regionals the next Saturday. The kids train so hard- a few have dropped almost 2 minutes off of mile pace over the past 9 weeks of the season. That is *amazing*!

Along with coaching, I’m still recovering from Saturday’s half marathon. Running and racing (hard) are very different and you really do have to recover. And of course, the best way to recover is by going to a pizza party with your training group.

Trust me, there is more cheesin’ in this picture than what was on those pizzas… the not-so-stellar pizza plus slow service means we probably won’t go back to that pizza place anymore. Oh well, their loss- especially with our notorious runner’s appetites (I am in the middle wearing the orange and white striped polo).

I spent today doing laundry, working, and ran errands this afternoon. My boss, Barbara, came to Charleston and we had lunch together at a local soup and sandwich shop called Ladle’s cafe. It was delicious and she fell in love with it, they really should think about putting a shop in Florence just for her. I loved having lunch with her and it was great to interact with a coworker because I don’t get that much working from home.

It’s Thursday, so I’m linking up with A Complete Waste of Makeup for It’s Okay Thursday.

It's OkayTo be super excited about getting a small raise at work. Every little bit helps, especially living in a more expensive city. Plus all the driving I do, I need gas money!

To secretly think hot chocolate from gas stations and convenience stores is better than most pricey coffee shops.

To like Chick-Fil-A despite the whole gay marriage controversy awhile back. I disagree with their views on that, but the workers are so much nicer than any other fast food restaurant.

To be glad the election talk has subsided on Facebook and enjoy reading everyone’s thankfulness posts.

To think it’s wrong that Kohl’s plays Christmas music on Nov. 1 and had Christmas items for sale at the beginning of October. One holiday at a time, people.

To get excited about receiving free samples in the mail. I got a small box of Keurig K-cups the other day (actually I get happy anytime I get something that isn’t a bill or junk mail).

To eat five pounds of locally grown apples in four days. Yep, we bought apples at Pecan Fest on Saturday and there is one left. It won’t be left much longer, either!

To loathe traffic and secretly wish I had Jim Carrey‘s car from Bruce Almighty… the one that can fly over traffic. Yeah, I want that for my next vehicle, regardless of gas prices!

To set a goal to read an entire book on this cruise. I always take books on vacation and *never* finish the whole book. This time, I’m planning to get some quality reading in on our balcony!

T-minus one day until we leave for Tampa and set sail for the Western Caribbean. See you guys in a little over a week!

This entry was posted in Believe Achieve Run Club, Half Marathon, Mt Pleasant Track Club, Working from Home and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to It’s Okay Thursday- November 8

1. pickyrunner says:

So jealous that you’re going to the caribbean! You’re going to have the best time!! That’s so awesome that your cross country team is improving so much- I’m sure it has a lot to do with your coaching 🙂 And I’m totally with you on the hot chocolate… I 100% think the gas station kind is infinitely better than the fancy schmancy starbucks brand. No contest there. Have an awesome week!! Can’t wait to see lots of pictures!!

Yeah, I’d rather pay 99 cents for the cheap stuff because it’s just as good, hehe :).

I really just help out with the team. My last team I had more coaching responsibilities, like planning workouts and things like that. I run with the kids and encourage, but it’s good because they need that too :).

• pickyrunner says:

That’s great! I really want to do girls on the run someday, since that’s how I began my running career years ago. It’s such a great way to give back!

2. runwkate says:

Apples are awesome :-). Have you chosen a book yet? Crappy pizza service is not ok – it defeats the whole purpose of pizza!

Apples are so delicious! Especially pink lady, that’s what these are.

Yeah pizza is usually like a run, even when it’s not so good, it’s still pretty good. But not this pizza, if I had to compare it to a run I would compare it to a run where someone got injured or something. It was the worst pizza I’ve ever had.

3. ladycoop says:

Have a great vacay!

4. Susan says:

I would love to be on a cruise. I am already freezing and winter is not here. It would be great for them to put a soup and sandwich shop in Florence. Love all soups and it would be my favorite place to eat. You guys have fun and talk when you get back. Bon Voyage.

Yeah, it would definitely be a great addition to Florence! Clay says he doesn’t think it would make it but I highly disagree because right now the only place to get soup and sandwiches there is Scholotzsky’s and we all know how that is. Ladle’s does franchises and Dan has restaurant experience so you should give it a go :).

See ya when I come for a December visit.

5. Hey the kids I used to coach in VA are going to that too. Good luck and have a ton of fun on your cruise! Def cannot wait to see photos!

6. I want some of your locally grown apples please! Sounds great. Congrats on the raise, you should be proud of that. Really proud

7. I would be ridiculously excited about any raise and non-bill mail is the best! I think we should celebrate one holiday at a time so I hate all the Christmas stuff out right now. Let us get through Thanksgiving first!

8. Kara says:

Yum apples! I eat them every single day! That’s definitely okay! 🙂

Also, congrats on the raise, that’s so exciting!! Oh and I LOVE the early Christmas music…sorry!! haha

9. Laura says:

Have fun on your cruise!!! I’m OBSESSED with apples AND free samples. I won’t even USE the free sample but I love getting them (plus the coupons they typically come with 😛 )

10. have an amazing time!!!!