It’s Okay Thursday- October 18

Hey guys, I hope everyone’s having a good week so far. Things here in Charleston have been pretty uneventful for me, but that’s not a bad thing.

I’m looking forward to this weekend since I don’t have a race to run or a cross country meet to coach, and I’ll be in town. I love racing and coaching, but I’m looking forward to running with my Believe/Achieve run club friends Saturday morning, going to the Mt. Pleasant Track Club pancake breakfast fundraiser (who doesn’t want pancakes after 10+ miles of running?), and spending time with the handsome husband.

I’ve been tired this week and sleeping in A LOT! Sleep feels so good, I think my body was a little deprived of it with how busy I’ve been in the past few weeks. I also think I need some rest to recover from my half marathon on Saturday.

It’s Thursday, so I’m linking up with A Complete Waste of Makeup for It’s Okay Thursday.

It's Okay

To miss family and friends on your birthday. This was the first birthday in 3 years I didn’t celebrate with my ACS Technologies’ coworkers, and even though I got lots of happy birthdays and a sweet card, I really missed out on going to lunch with everyone and hanging out. Hopefully I get to visit my office soon. I’m thankful that I did get to celebrate with Clay and many of my other friends here, though.

My awesome coworkers and I. Miss them a lot!

To sleep in. Sure, people complain about oversleeping or say that it’s wasting the day, but sometimes it’s a sign from your body that you need a break.

To feel extremely proud of your cross country runners. A girl fell on the track a few nights ago, and it would’ve been a good excuse to sit out of the rest of practice, but she definitely jumped back in there on the next round and did awesome. That’s what being an athlete is all about! They did really awesome at the meet Saturday too (here is an article about it).

Some of our MPTC ladies at the Summerville meet. Go girls!

To feel a little jealous of your college’s student workers when you hear they get paid $8 an hour now. Then you remember even though you were only paid $6.50 an hour, you’ve been out of college for 5 years now (feelin’ old here…)

To stay off Facebook and other social media during presidential debates. Everyone complaining and ranting on there already knows who they’re voting for- they’re not watching the debate to pick a candidate. Sometimes I think social media can be a bad thing during elections- people totally disregard others’ feelings.

To feel guilty when you hide people on Facebook because of endless political (or college football!) banter. I guess I’ll miss out on their life events, fun posts, and prayer requests now, but oh well…

To not feel haunted houses and scary stuff for Halloween. The guys went to Boone Hall Fright Night Saturday night, but I was more than happy eating at Cracker Barrel and watching Chic Flicks with Nadine.

French toast covered in apples > Haunted Houses

To shameless admit that your favorite Fall food is not pumpkin spice, but rather Count Chocula Cereal. Sorry I’m not sorry.

Breakfast of champions right here…

To miss your office’s cleaning crew. Too bad they won’t come to my home office in Charleston to empty my trash and vacuum my floor!

This entry was posted in It's Okay Thursday and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to It’s Okay Thursday- October 18

1. Rebecca says:

Hooray for it’s Okay Thursday!! 😀
    I don’t think I’ll do one today though. I pretty much used what I was going to talk about today for WILW yesterday.

Yeah, I don’t broadcast my political views on Facebook. I mean, in my “about me” section, I share that I’m a Republican, and people can see that I’m a fan of Republican pages, but I don’t really see the need to ramble on in my updates, or trash the opposing side, you know? It’s pointless, hurtful, and just unnecessary.
    And besides… it’s getting intense reading the “voice” of some people out there. I should probably follow your example and “hide” political posts, but it’s getting to the point where I wonder if I should grab some popcorn and keep reading. 😉

Mmmm. Thank you! I’m glad I’m not the only one who is not head-over-heels crazy on pumpkin spice. I like pumpkin, but for me it’s chocolate all the way.

Yeah… I do really like pumpkin… but I guess Count Chocula just reminds me of being a kid or something? Anyway it’s only out at Halloween too so I definitely buy a box each year!

I love all my Republican friends even though I tend to lean more to the left. I usually don’t broadcast my views like that either, I figure if anyone cares enough they will ask me.

2. That cereal really is so GOOD! It was among my favorite child hood cereals, which were about 20 different ones haha
    That is impressive about the girl who kept going anyway, good for her for staying strong!

Yup, she landed on her hand and it was pretty red, I could tell she didn’t feel that great but she really smoked that last 800. The head coach and I were both really proud of her.

3. Wow that french toast looks amazing. I love me some cracker barrel. That is seriously awesome about the girl! Wow!

4. Steph says:

It’s ok, I don’t like haunted houses either =) I’d rather do pretty much *anything* else.

Also, pancakes =)

5. um i adore you even more for your cereal choice. way to go, i am all for the sugary stuff. i am sorry you miss your family and friends on your bday, hopefully you can find a way to do something fun!

Well, I got to see my mom on Saturday and I get to see my in laws and some Florence friends in a few weeks when I go there to run another half marathon, so it’s not too bad at all :).

I love sugary, junky cereal. I am by no means a role model for how to eat as a runner, but it works for me so I guess that’s all that matters.

6. Sarah says:

Damn the amount of political related posts on facebook, it is actually getting somewhat out of hand! SO yes totally a’ok to keep off facebook for a while, lay low girl you’ve got that right. Apple covered french toast sounds absolutely like the best idea ever. Sweet, crunchy, sweet, bready… did I mention sweet 😉 Comfort food for the win. Thank you for sharing about the girl, thats truly pretty inspirational and good for her!

7. Kara says:

Hahah I’m laughing about the count chocula comment. I won’t judge! haha! And your Saturday night sounds perfect to me 🙂 Also, congrats to the XC girls for being awesome 🙂

I had Count Chocula this morning too. I actually had a great run yesterday fueled by Count Chocula. Think I’m onto something here.

Our XC girls really are awesome!

8. allieksmith says:

I’m pretty sick of the political talk on social media. People are so mean to each other!! I’m glad you got to sleep in a lot this week 🙂

They are really mean online lately! No wonder cyberbullying is such a problem with teens now, seeing how mean adults can be.

Yeah, I got a lot of sleep this morning too, but I am feeling rested and ready for my 10 in the morning!

9. I get really annoyed with the political stuff on Facebook. I have a few FB friends that are the opposite political party as me and I respect their opinion but the way they share it is just rude and offensive. So I don’t feel bad for hiding them!

Sorry about your birthday not being as fun as in the past. I hope you still enjoyed it though!