Hey guys and happy Thursday! Let’s recap this week’s happenings…
- Clay is loving his grill so far. Last night, he grilled burgers and portobello for me. That portobello sandwich sure tasted good after I busted it out in my Body Pump class. Of course, this morning reminded me that I’m a runner who has little upper body strength…
- My Florence Track Club kiddos were in the newspaper for their accomplishments at the USATF State Meet- they broke five state records and 42 club records. Thanks to my friend and rockstar runner Susan for cutting out the article and mailing it to me.
- My mommy has been sick with a cold and fever that won’t go away, and one of my friends back home broke her foot and is on crutches and can’t run. It stinks when you can’t physically be there for people when they’re down and out.
- I had to buy a new car battery this week and get a headlight fixed, so between that and purchasing a grill, I cannot wait to get paid again.
- I signed up for the TrySports half marathon training program. I debated between that and the full program since there’s a full here in January, but I decided on the advanced half program because it trains you for a half in November, and I figure I can build my mileage up more in two months if I want to do the full.
Now, let’s talk about some fun stuff.
On Tuesday night, I went to Party at the Park with my college friend Monica and some of her friends. Monica and I met on our first day of freshman orientation at Francis Marion University where we were both Pre-Pharmacy majors. Neither of us graduated with that degree (college-bound peeps, it’s totally okay to change your mind!), but we’ve remained friends even nine years later. It’s been nine years since my freshman year of college? *Que old feeling*.
Party at the Park is a local concert series that a country music radio station here puts on every Tuesday night in the summer. Have I mentioned that it’s so cool they do this on *Tuesday*? I’m not accustomed to having things like this to do on weeknights, so it’s neat that there’s something to do almost every night here.
I’m not really into country music, so I didn’t know any of the performers and only knew one song, but it was fun and everyone was really good.
We also grilled burgers, hot dogs, and wings at Monica’s apartment before the concert. I got some really delicious veggie burgers at Whole Foods (my first trip to one- I was amazed) and they were quite tasty. The weather was gorgeous and perfect- super cool with the breeze from the ocean, plus it was fun hanging out with a big group.
I’m definitely going back to the park and hopefully more concerts like this- Monica is moving to Tennessee soon, so I’m really glad we got to hang out while we still can :).
Q1.) When was the last time you went to an outdoor concert or event? This was Tuesday night, but I hope to make it out to a few more things like this over the summer!
Q2.) Have you ever done any sort of group workout or training program? Did you like it? This TrySports program is the first I’ve done since I did CrossFit with my company last year, I’m hoping to make some new friends in town by doing it. I liked doing CrossFit and got to know some of my coworkers better that way, too. I was also on our now non-existant company softball team for one season, but I suck at ball sports so we won’t go there…
Q3.) What’s your favorite grilled food? I really like grilled portobello mushrooms in served buns like burgers…