It’s sunny and hot here in Charleston- perfect for going to the beach, but I’ve been really busy with an upgrade for work this week (I actually have to work tonight, from 8-12, but I work from home so at least that’s one advantage).
I’ve had a busy week with something fun on the calendar each night! On Monday, I did speedwork with a running group here (different group than the one I ran with on Sunday).
We ran 400s with 200 recovery and it was fun meeting other new runners and some others who are new in town, but I think we’re going to find another track to run. The track where we met was the worst track ever- there were ants all over the place (we couldn’t put our water bottles on the ground so sitting in the grass was OUT), kids were biking on the track, and worst of all, there was a designated smoking area. No lie- two benches were sitting beside the track with a sign that said “Smoking Area”.
Gotta say… you didn’t smoke at the Florence track. You also said ma’am and sir, picked up your trash, and no matter what, you never, ever, EVER, climbed over a fence.
Last night, Clay’s job hosted a party for their employees, complete with free cupcakes, free food, free beer, and arcade games, so he stayed at work late (I don’t blame him- what a great treat for your employees, they got it from working overtime a few weeks ago to finish a project). I went running with a group from The Foot Store and met a guy named Stephen Pifer who is a 1500 runner participating in the Olympic trials next week. He’s a travelling professional athlete for Newton Running, and he spoke about nutrition, training, and showed us some leg exercises.
After his presentation, five of us went out for a run on the Isle of Palms connector and talked- we even saw dolphins jumping in the water on our way back. I love having local running stores that sponsor things like this, it’s a great way to get to know people and also explore my new town. I guess I should’ve taken some pics, but I forgot my camera in the car.
So, since I haven’t done this in awhile, I’m linking up with A Complete Waste of Makeup for It’s Okay Thursday.
- To blast 90s Hits in your spare bedroom/office and randomly get up and dance to the music during your workday. The songs remind me of my childhood and teenage years, so this is what I listen to when I work.
- To love seeing what my husband is wearing to work each day. He dresses so nice for work. I’m glad I don’t have to match my husband’s clothes for him like I’ve heard other wives have to do.
- To have a weird red sunburn streak on your back because you wore a low-cut bikini bottom. I don’t usually burn, but I laid by the pool the other day and got this… streak. It’s a little painful to sleep on my back because it’s right where my pajama bottoms hit!
- To be excited about the group fitness summer kickoff party at the gym tonight and the Italian food that goes along with it (okay, so maybe I’m a little more excited about the Italian food…)
- To feel sad that you didn’t get to see your dad or your father-in-law on Father’s Day.
- To plan outfits for lunches and networking events since you rarely get dressed in anything but shorts and t-shirts now.
- To look forward to checking the mail each day and mailing cards and notes to people.
Q1.) Where’s the craziest place you’ve gotten sunburn? Mine is a tie between this streak on my back, along with the time I burnt on the top of my head where my hair was parted!
Q2.) What do you usually wear during the summer when you’re not in school? As for me… my daily uniform is now snarky t-shirts and workout shorts or khaki shorts.
Q3.) Do you check the mail each day? Gotten anything cool in the mail lately? I do, partly because it runs around 2:00 here and I can get out for a little walk around the block- but I haven’t gotten any fun mail at my new residence yet.