Finale parties and fun surveys!

I love my amazing friends and our get togethers. With everyone’s crazy schedules, we don’t have nearly enough of them.

On Sunday night, Kelli, Mike, Ashley, Neil, Julie, and I got together at Nick’s house to watch the finale of Once Upon a Time and eat snacks and hang out. Gotta love having friends who find out you ran 7 miles that day and still tell you the correct party location (I promise my insatiable distance runner appetite left some food. There was meat and I don’t eat meat).

This was my first time ever actually watching Once Upon a Time and I was a little lost, but I think I could really get into it once it comes out on Netflex. Apparently all the characters are alter egos of fairytale characters which is neat.

Hopefully once the craziness and busy-ness of May and June are over, I can find some good TV shows to get into. Is it just me or is May just as busy as the Christmas season? I have things going on every single weekend and almost every single night, and I can’t imagine how people with kids do it. It’s hard to even carve out a 2-3 hour chunk of time to work on a project.

For something completely different, here’s a fun survey courtesy of Tina at Best Body Fitness. I love reading Tina’s blog because it’s very positive, uplifting, and she offers great fitness tips and contests. Plus, she uses insight from her own life experiences in the blog and really opens up to others about her struggles :). It’s a great blog, so if you’re looking for a fitness and healthy living blog, check it out.

1. When a cashier in the checkout line at the grocery store is being a grump for no reason, how do you typically react?Β

I know most of the cashiers at my local grocery store, and I usually get great customer service (the store where I shop is known around town for this). Otherwise, I usually take it in stride, hope the person’s day gets better, and remain confident in our economy (after all, if people who are constantly grumpy are still employed, the job market can’t be THAT bad, right?).

2. Are you the type that likes going out with your girlfriends or staying in?Β

I’ve *never* been the type to “go out with girlfriends”. I go to lunch with my female coworkers/friends, but I always considered “going out with girlfriends” drinking martinis and acting crazy.

Running Club at Saturday’s Race

But… I’m *definitely* not one to stay in! I’d rather go to lunch or dinner with friends (or other couples), go running with a group, do road races, hang out after track practice or yoga class, things like that. Usually I hang out with girls and guys though- I can’t ever recall a time of my life when I didn’t do things with a coed group.

3. Do you sob and get emotional watching romance movies?

I don’t usually watch those types of movies (I like funny movies), but no, I don’t sob or get emotional at movies. If I watched a romance movie, I’d probably laugh even more…

4. What stresses you out the most?

Being completely unsure of the future. To cope, I do yoga, run, coach, and hang out with friends- basically whatever I can to get my mind off things. I’m fortunate to have so many great friends, family members, coworkers, and running buds in my life who listen to me and keep me grounded.

5. What do you think people think of you?

I guess people can tell me if I’m right or not, but I think people think I’m dependable and get the job done. I know at work, I have a reputation for being someone you can count on. I also think people perceive me as being passionate- I definitely throw myself into something 100% when I take it on. Hence, I have a reputation for being a perfectionist- I’m driven to succeed.

Clay says I’m a extroverted socially awkward penguin (from the online meme). But, I am who I am, and according to most personally tests, I’m an ENTJ.

6. When you overindulge, do you hit the gym to burn it all off, or just accept the indulgence and follow your same routine?

I hit the gym or run almost every day, so working out is not something I do to “make up” for eating poorly- it’s part of my life. In the past, I’ve run extra miles or added in extra workouts because of overindulging, but I try extremely hard not to do this because I never want running to be about working off food. It’s a big part of my life, not just some “calorie burning” activity.

Typically when I overindulge, I just feel very, very, guilty for several days.

7. Are you easily annoyed?

Only when I’m extremely sleep deprived or very anxious. I try to keep my cool and think about things in the big picture instead of focusing on annoying little details, but if you push my buttons too many times, I’ll get annoyed.

8. What do you think is your biggest personality flaw?

See #5- I’m a perfectionist. I try to be driven toward grace and not perfection, but it is so tough. I honestly never saw myself like this until my junior year of high school when, a few days into the semester, my English teacher pointed out to me. She was pretty quick at reading people (and right!).

9. What is one thing you don’t think people see enough of when it comes to your personality?

I’m pretty transparent, so if I’m having a good day, people see it, and people can tell I’m having a bad day too. I have some friends who don’t quite understand me, but it’s okay because I don’t always understand myself either. I also think I have to work super hard to prove myself because I’m young.

10. Can you feel relaxed in a busy crowd or messy room?

Busy crowd? Yes. Messy room? Yes, unless it’s my room, then it won’t be messy much longer. Messy desk on the other hand… yeah that’s me!

Q1.) Have you ever had or attended a party for a TV show finale? I think this might have been my first, actually.

Q2.) Which months of the year are busiest for you? Are you swamped too? I’m definitely super busy!

Q3.) Answer any of the above questions.

This entry was posted in Friends, Just for Fun and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Finale parties and fun surveys!

1. ladycoop says:

1) I don’t think I’ve have. Just movie nights.
    2) Maybe Aug, since school starts up then.
    3) I will answer #10- The crowded room, depends on the room and who is crowding it. LOL Messy desk/area- NO.

2. We have a lot of similarities. πŸ™‚ Too bad we weren’t closer to be able to “go out with girlfriends” by going for a run and then grabbing some lunch. Sounds so fun!

3. Rebecca says:

Yeah… “going out with girlfriends” for me has been going to a movie with some friends, going shopping, driving around for no reason, etc. Eating. And getting ice cream.
    I’ve never gone out for margaritas or beer or anything crazy. And I don’t plan to. πŸ˜›

Well… when I was in school, the busiest months were usually October–December, and then end of March–May/June. But now that I’m out of school, it’s been about the same. Busy, but not too busy. Just the right amount for me right now.

Nope. I’ve never attended a party or get-together for a finale… BUT, my friends & I have had movie-watching days where it emphasizes a certain actor/actress like Anne Hathaway, Johnny Depp, etc. Or we would watch Veggie Tales. Hehe.

I saw one episode of Once Upon a Time when it first started. I thought it was pretty cool. I do want to see more. πŸ™‚

I love how in the photo of you all, everyone’s wearing a dark shirt, and you stick out with your blue & white. πŸ™‚

You’re right about that photo, and I just noticed that. My shirt looks kinda patriotic, too. Too bad I don’t have any red shorts to go with it, perfect Memorial Day look. I’ve gone out for drinks and stuff, and there’s nothing wrong with it- it’s fun in college and shortly after. But, I just don’t really want to anymore, I dunno. It gets pricey.

4. shannonjoe says:

Love the survey!

May is crazy for me, too, and it makes me crazy! It’s even crazier this year because my daughter is a senior!!! πŸ™‚

Shannon

Oh wow, congrats to your daughter though, I hope she’s had a great senior year and has a good future coming up, but I remember how crazy stressful it was, both with things going on and emotionally!

5. I get super stressed about an uncertain future as well. Next Spring-I have no idea where I’ll be or what I’ll be doing. Blerg. I love these surveys ha!

6. Kara says:

When people are grumpy and mean I always remind myself that it’s because of something going on in their own life; it’s not a reaction to me or something I did wrong. Makes me feel better and more able to empathize.

I cannot function in a messy room at all! I must clean, I’m addicted to organizing!! Haha

Yeah, I definitely try to remember that when people are grumpy or mean. You never know what someone could be going through internally and take it out on you even if they didn’t mean to.

I’m so not organized!

7. Great survey Amy, it’s always nice to get to know you even better! Oh and you know I agree with your answer on #2 haha… but I have had some moments with the “girls” that have been enjoyable πŸ™‚
    I still feel sooo guilty when I ‘indulge’ too and this is something I really want to get over. It just feels so awful and is awful very unnecessary!

Yeah- I’ve had some great times with my girlfriends too :). Just most of the time, it’s a coed group (unless there’s only 2-3 of us or something). Yeah, we should stop feeling so guilty when we indulge- I mean we already work out, run, and are active people. Sometimes a little treat is good…

8. I have a shirt almost exactly like your striped one from Hollister! I always think it’s cool when I see someone else with similar clothes since I almost never do.

The indulging thing is hard. I pretty much never let myself ‘indulge’ in normal person’s terms–an indulgence for me is like froyo topped with fruit. I don’t feel as guilty about that, but I know I would if I actually ate something that I really wanted that I consider ‘unhealthy’. It’s something I want to work on though, I’m making it my goal to have some kind of vegan dessert from the Whole Foods bakery for my birthday this summer!

Yup, it is a Hollister shirt. I love their knit shirts, they are the best :). I also have some cute sweaters from there, but there’s not one here so I order online and sometimes sizing is a bit weird.

Yeah, my indulgences aren’t like other peoples’, either. But that’s okay- it takes baby steps and if you’re more comfortable eating a vegan dessert, so be it :). Any kind of dessert is good in my book, hehe.

9. Patty says:

I really liked #9, to forgive friends when you they don’t understand you, and how you might not understand yourself. And I definitely get stressed in a busy room.

Yay for time with friends! It’s so awesome you have a group of close friends so nearby! I’m jealous of that! They seem like a fun bunch πŸ™‚ And I’m happy you’ll have time for a good tv show soon! I recommend Revenge or Dr Who πŸ™‚ Grimm is also supposed to be pretty good. I definitely agree about May being busy… my next free weekend I think is late June. Time flies! I hope your time is filled with a lot of fun and a lot of love!