Hump Day Happenings

Hey peeps :). I thought up that super original title last night after track practice (I always get the best ideas post-workout).

I’m glad everyone is enjoying the technical writing posts. Truthfully, I didn’t know how people would react to them or if anyone who reads even cares about what someone does at their job, but it looks like people like learning about it, at least. Part 2 was tough to write because all of the emotions and experiences (including those I didn’t write about in the post) were floating around in my head the whole time I was writing. I’ll have the final installment later this week, but if you haven’t seen them, you can read Part 1 and Part 2.

With Clay working on a project all day Saturday, I had a pretty restful weekend. We went to the Arts International festival at FMU, enjoyed some delicious food from the Philippines (our first time ever having Filipino food) and hung out with our friends Terence and Bridget who got married a few months ago and are now expecting a little one.

It’s always fun to go back to FMU because Clay and I have tons of special memories there- like meeting and getting married there.

Sunday morning, it was a lot cooler out, so I ran 3.1 miles around the neighborhood. The cool weather helped because it was a pretty speedy run with no stops or walk breaks. Clay and I went to Chutnee for lunch and it was *delicious*- Indian food is our favorite, and Chutnee is open for Sunday lunch. Plus, we even had a buy one get one half off coupon from the Arts International festival :).

I worked most of the day Monday, ate lunch with some coworkers, then left to go to the doctor. I love my doctor; he’s truly the best doctor I’ve ever had without judging, has good advice, and I’d hate to move and have to search for another doctor because I like him so much. But *all* the magazines in the waiting room are pregnancy related, and he’s not even that kind of doctor. Those magazines are scary too- if someone actually followed their advice, they (and their kid) would probably be living in a bubble! I especially feel sorry for his male patients.

Fortunately, all my bloodwork is good (yay for no anemia), and I got out in around an hour, just in time to rest a bit before… track practice! I dressed in real girl clothes for track because I wanted people to know I’m a coach and not one of the kids in the club. It happens ;).

Practice went great- we have a TON of kids (over 100), but we also have more coaches to handle them. I coach the 1500 and 3000, and we had some new faces who were amazing distance runners. We have a week off for Easter/Spring Break, and I hope they get some running in because I can already tell we’re looking at another group of champions.

And, the best news… I got moved to a new desk at work! I get a larger cubicle beside the window, and it’s a lot warmer than my last cubicle! Taking down all my race numbers was a pain, but I was more than happy to take my North Face jacket, blanket, and gloves home!

The view is great too- sure, it’s a parking lot, but at least I get to see the sun. I love what I do and would love it even if I had to work from a closet (let’s hope my company doesn’t read this and get any ideas), but I was definitely in a great mood from the sunlight and nice weather today. I’ve already decorated, and bigger cubicle = more wall space = more race numbers to come.

Hope everyone’s having a great week.

Q1.) If you’re out of high school or college, do you ever return to your school for events or games? I go back to my college every few months for something, since it’s in my town, but I think I’ve only visited my high school maybe once since graduating- and that was for someone else’s graduation.

Q2.) Does blogging ever bring up emotional moments for you? I mean, we all share pretty deep stuff with the world from time to time, and it’s definitely not easy.

Q3.) What do you do to pass the time in waiting rooms? Waiting rooms always make me wish I had a Smartphone to play with, haha. I usually bring my own book…

This entry was posted in Coaching, Just for Fun. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Hump Day Happenings

1. ladycoop says:

1) no, but I didn’t participate in those events when I went there. LOL
    2) yes!
    3) I surf the internet on my phone, text, play games. I usually have 2-3 kids with me so most of the time I am trying to keep them under control. I don’t want to be “that mom” haha.

… and I’m glad you’re not “That Mom”. Even though I’ve only seen kids at my doctor’s waiting room a few times. I usually see really old men or middle aged women, lol.

2. I’m out of high school and I’ve gone to a few football games but I don’t make regular comebacks-I figure I don’t know too many people no need too. I don’t know if I’ll return to North Country for a while after graduating college-I’m sick of it here lol! 😉

Haha, it’s really cold there so I don’t blame you to leave and not really go back. I don’t have many ties to my high school and didn’t like it, so I don’t really like the idea of ever going back. If my college wasn’t in town, I probably would not go back there much at all.

3. I love waiting room magazines, especially People and US Weekly, but those pregnancy/family ones are a little bizarre, especially if they’re not even related to what you’re waiting for! I also hate when the magazines are super old, like from 2 years ago.

I’ve only been back to my high school once, and that was because my little sister’s middle school graduation was held there. I don’t know if it even counts, since it was after I graduated, but only like a week later and I haven’t been back since. I guess I’ve just moved on!

I don’t blame you for moving on. Typically high school is a good thing to move on from but some people apparently never do and still act like they are there, whether they visit or not.

Come to think of it, I’ve only seen kids at my doctor’s office a few times, but I’ve NEVER actually seen a pregnant lady there. I do like those magazines you mentioned though, whether they’re in a waiting room or not. I have seen them at the gym and read them there :).

4. Kara says:

I haven’t really been to any high school events in a long time…actually though, my high school’s track meet was yesterday and I’m upset I missed it! I’m actually home for once when it happened and I didn’t even know until I saw the paper today. Oops!

Yay for your new cubicle! Your environment totally affects your mood at work (at least for me). For a while I had to work in a windowless room and I was so miserable. I need sunshine!

Sorry you missed the track meet! That was neat you were going to go though, I mean most people don’t even think about attending a track meet at all, much less one for a school they no longer go to.

I can definitely tell where my work environment is affecting my work! I’ll have to write about it in a future post, but I love it already!

5. tryingtoheal says:

After high school I went back for a few years to cross country and track meets because my brothers were still there; otherwise I probably would have never gone back. HS was great and all, but that was a different part of my life with different people for sure!

When I’m in a waiting room I always bring my own reading material, either a book or a kindle. Before I know it it’s time to be called into the doctors!

I don’t blame you for bringing reading material at all! Better safe than sorry, especially if it ends up being hours of waiting!

I didn’t have siblings, but if I did, I could see myself returning to high school for their games, events, etc. I don’t think I’d go back just for myself, though.

6. Patty says:

Post work out brain buzzes are the best! I like that exercise – brain cartoon! And Filipino food is one of my favorites, one of my best friends mom is from the Phillipines and I’ve been trying to coordinate cooking lessons from her.

Glad the bloodwork turned out well! Have a great weekend!

• Patty says:

My nook has saved my life. Most places I go have shotty internet/reception and its the only thing that works! (before that it used to be old-age pamphlets- talk about a BIG improvement!)

Yeah, the Filipino food was really good. I wish we had a Filopino restaurant here in town, I’d eat it again. I do think Indian is my favorite, though. You’re right about the Nook too, a lot of places still have crummy cell reception or wireless!