It’s Okay Thursday- March 22

Hey girlies! It’s Thursday, so I’m linking up with A Complete Waste of Makeup for It’s Okay Thursday.

Thanks for the comments on my last post and survey :). I always learn so much about people when I read those surveys. I’ve read them from people I know in real life and even learn a lot about them! Also, Patty at Trail Mix, asked how I got into technical writing, so I think I’m going to do a three part blog series on how I ended up in this field and what I do for a living.

Three parts definitely means it’s kinda crazy :). Let’s just say this- four years ago, I would have *never* thought I’d be at my current job doing what I do now, but I guess God works in mysterious ways.

It's Okay

• To come up with crazy protein shake recipes every afternoon. Today, I had a chocolate covered cherry protein shake, which consisted of a cup of cherry Yoplait light, a heaping scoop of whey protein powder, and 10 ice cubes. I crushed the ice a bit, added the other ingredients and blended, and it was delicious! It tasted like something you’d buy at a smoothie bar, and it had 28 grams of protein!

• To watch the University of South Carolina women’s basketball team make the Sweet 16 but admit it was the first women’s basketball game you’ve watched in awhile and you didn’t even know USC’s women’s team was so good. South Carolina is clearly a football and baseball school…

• To be super excited about going out for Indian food with my friend Shayna tomorrow. Chutnee is definitely one of my favorite restaurants and I’m excited for us to go together. Really, I’m excited just to hang out!

• To feel stoked about completing a major project at work when you’ve been working on for over a year. I think I’ve worked on this project longer than I stayed at my last job, but it feels good to know that I’m almost there. And to think I always believed a four month semester was a long time to study a subject…

• To secretly want to train for and run a marathon because you wonder if that “good feeling” is anything like finishing a marathon or twice as good as it feels to finish a half marathon (which is pretty freakin’ awesome).

• To get apprehensive when the husband talks about seeing job opportunities in places like Missouri. Sure, they have barbecue there, but they also have barbecue back home, and I’m not exactly dying to move back. I think those job sites just send him random things. Don’t think he wants to move out there either… no offense to anyone who lives in Missouri.

• To coupon until you drop! Yeah, I bought all of this for $7.39… and saved over $40. Love some triple coupons at Harris Teeter!
  • To love that tomorrow is Friday, it’s pay day, and we have a company meeting, which means I don’t technically have to do any work until 10:00… assuming I *ever* get anything done before 10:00. Did I just say that?

Q1.) What’s a state you’d *never* want to move to? I personally don’t want to leave South Carolina *at all*, but I would hate to move somewhere like North Dakota or Montana. Those states are cold, very far from a beach, and just seem very boring in general. I’m sure those who live there find fun things to do, but I don’t think it’s for me.

Q2.) Have you been watching March Madness? Honestly, no. Sometimes I do turn it on for background noise or while I stretch, though. I kinda like watching the end of the games, but that’s about it.
This entry was posted in It's Okay Thursday. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to It’s Okay Thursday- March 22

1. Rebecca says:

Aw, I miss Missouri. 😦 I know I was only out there for 2 years, but I enjoyed it. I don’t think I would care to go back to Evangel, since my time there ended roughly. But I would like to see more of MO. There’s a lot of tourist areas out there that I didn’t get to see. *sigh* Maybe someday. And Panera started out in Missouri! Yup. It was the St. Louis Bread Co., and then they started Panera’s.

Whew! I’m safe… you didn’t mention Ohio on places not to live. 😉

I’m not really sure where I wouldn’t want to live. Hmmm. Well, I hear up by Seattle is mostly cloudy, rainy, etc., and people tell me that I would get pretty emotional with that much cloud cover all the time. But I would still like to visit Seattle! Since it is out west, and my dream exists in the west. I guess… any danger spot for hurricanes scares me…. Florida, Georgia, etc. But then, Alaska you’re dealing with lots and lots and lots of snow. This is hard to answer. 🙂

I really don’t pay attention to sports, and I’d rather not pay for cable right now anyway.

Congrats on getting the project almost completed! You should feel honored. Sounds like you’ve put more than a lot into it.

My payday was on Weds, but enjoy yours tomorrow. 🙂

I didn’t mention Ohio, but I don’t want to move there either. I don’t want to leave my state. I love South Carolina, and really, the south in general. Now, I wouldn’t mind *visiting* some of those places- I’d actually love to visit them. I’ve visited Ohio and would like to go back someday. Some of my coworkers have visited Seattle to go to one of our sister companies or for conferences though, and it seems like a neat place even though it does rain a lot and is dreary.

2. Kristin says:

You’re funny. We’re from PA, were supposed to be stationed in Missouri for 3 years (my husband’s in the army), and instead ended up in Alaska. Quite ironically, we drove to North Dakota to get here and I’d never want to live there based on what I saw. I really like your Gamecocks sign. We’re Penn State grads, so I’d have to adjust the wording… 🙂
    Have a great Friday!

Thanks for your comment :). I actually found that sign on Etsy and really want to purchase one for our house. I have an area right above our printer where it would look great- there are all kinds of neat team items on there, really fun stuff, unique, and you’re supporting small businesses :).

Good luck with being stationed in Missouri. I do agree it would be better than North Dakota because at least it has a few major cities and tourist attractions.

3. style of a mrs. says:

I cant believe you bought all that for under $8!! Our stores dont take double coupons 😦 Stopping by from the link up.
    -barbie @ Style of a Mrs.

The store where I shop *always* doubles coupons up to 99 cents, every day. Well, this week is a special promotion where they actually *triple* those coupons. So, if your coupon is 75 cents off, you actually get $2.25 (75 x 3) off. Fun stuff, huh? That’s why it was so cheap. I usually just get a kick out of saving more than I spend, which is my normal goal, and I’m thankful we have this store here in town :).

Thanks for stopping by!

4. Cori says:

That protein shake sounds really good! The USC women’s team is really good this year! This is the first year they’ve been to the Sweet 16 in quite awhile. I love their coach! It always feel good to finish a project that you’ve been working on for so long. Congrats! I always wonder if I’ll ever move again. Honestly, I don’t know if I want to live in NC forever, but I wouldn’t mind it either. I’m always up for a new adventure. I’m not a huge fan of Missouri, but I’ve really only been there one time. Hope you have a great weekend!

Q1.) What’s a state you’d *never* want to move to? I’m with you. Somewhere like Montana, Wyoming, Utah.

Q2.) Have you been watching March Madness? Definitely! March Madness is like my Christmas! hehe!

I actually think Utah may be okay, at least Salt Lake. I’ve heard there’s a good culture there. But, as I’ve said, I love my state and don’t want to go very far!

It’s always great to see a Carolina team winning!

5. That yogurt alone is worth 7 dollars. You are seriously my coupon idol-that is awesome! I always try and use coupons but it is always an extreme fail. lol.

Thanks- yeah, usually I don’t save THIS much or buy this much, but you better believe if a coupon can be used, I am using it! I use at least 2-3 every time I shop. Obviously I can’t use them on everything, like produce, etc, but I save money on packaged food so I can spend more on fruits and veggies!

6. allieksmith says:

I’m jealous you’re getting Indian food! YUM 🙂

I would never want to move to states that have tornadoes often… like Missouri or Kentucky.. that really scares me! I also don’t want to live any more north than I already do lol!

Tornadoes also scare me. We have a threat of hurricanes here, but it hasn’t been bad in recent years. Unfortunately I’m waiting for one to come along :(. I’m definitely more scared of tornadoes than hurricanes, probably because I haven’t actually been through a tornado.

I’ll make sure to take a pic of my Indian food or something. Food envy, hehe.

7. I have a TON of states I’d never want to move to–most of them being in the Midwest and northern East Coast. I’ve lived in the West my entire life and I honestly don’t want to move any farther east than I am now in Colorado. Preferably I’d like to live in California or Arizona, though I actually really love Colorado, except for the winters, but if I stay here, I’d want to live in Denver since I definitely prefer big cities to smaller ones.

I heard Arizona is really, really hot. I like warm weather, but I also like the occasional winter cold and snow. Maybe just one snow a year though, no more than that :). I have to say from reading your blog that Colorado isn’t as cold as I expected… I actually thought it was more like ND but now I don’t think so!

• Yeah, Colorado isn’t actually as extreme as most people think! We’ve been having warm weather just like the rest of the country lately and the winters aren’t even too awful, since we get sunshine almost every day of the year. I agree with you about only wanting one snow a year, though! It gets old pretty fast.

8. Kara says:

Kansas City, MO is a great place! I was born in St. Louis and lived in KC so I know lots about Missouri. But as a Kansas fan, I’ve also been trained to hate Missouri (Mizzou is a big rival) haha. So, that brings me to the next question, YES I LOVE MARCH MADNESS!!! 🙂

Oh and you are officially my couponing idol.

Haha, I don’t know much about rivalries with teams outside of the South (mostly SEC/ACC), but I know they are crazy around here and people take it to the extreme, lol. I’m sure wherever I end up in life, I’m going to support the Gamecocks- but if I’m far, far, away or something, I’ll probably start to support a local team a little bit too, but it wouldn’t be the same.

Thanks for the congrats on the couponing, haha!

9. Patty says:

Yayy!!! I’m really looking forward to reading about it! I’m so intrigued!

And hec to the yes for couponing!! All the cool kids do it!

Happy Friday Amy 🙂

• Patty says:

ps. I think I’d definitely be out on Kansas… I need to be near water, I’d feel claustraphobic! And tornado alley scares the living poo out of me!

Well, I’ve gotten part 1 finished and part 2 is almost done. Not sure when I’ll post though (gotta love saving drafts here on WordPress).

Yeah, tornadoes really do scare me… and I love being close to the water, too :).

10. Sarah says:

You crazy couponer!!!! That’s impressive my friend. Lol secretly want to train and run a marathon, do it up 🙂 PS silk almond milk is the bomb