Hey girlies! It’s Thursday, so I’m linking up with A Complete Waste of Makeup for It’s Okay Thursday.
Thanks for the comments on my last post and survey :). I always learn so much about people when I read those surveys. I’ve read them from people I know in real life and even learn a lot about them! Also, Patty at Trail Mix, asked how I got into technical writing, so I think I’m going to do a three part blog series on how I ended up in this field and what I do for a living.
Three parts definitely means it’s kinda crazy :). Let’s just say this- four years ago, I would have *never* thought I’d be at my current job doing what I do now, but I guess God works in mysterious ways.
- To come up with crazy protein shake recipes every afternoon. Today, I had a chocolate covered cherry protein shake, which consisted of a cup of cherry Yoplait light, a heaping scoop of whey protein powder, and 10 ice cubes. I crushed the ice a bit, added the other ingredients and blended, and it was delicious! It tasted like something you’d buy at a smoothie bar, and it had 28 grams of protein!
- To watch the University of South Carolina women’s basketball team make the Sweet 16 but admit it was the first women’s basketball game you’ve watched in awhile and you didn’t even know USC’s women’s team was so good. South Carolina is clearly a football and baseball school…
- To be super excited about going out for Indian food with my friend Shayna tomorrow. Chutnee is definitely one of my favorite restaurants and I’m excited for us to go together. Really, I’m excited just to hang out!
- To feel stoked about completing a major project at work when you’ve been working on for over a year. I think I’ve worked on this project longer than I stayed at my last job, but it feels good to know that I’m almost there. And to think I always believed a four month semester was a long time to study a subject…
- To secretly want to train for and run a marathon because you wonder if that “good feeling” is anything like finishing a marathon or twice as good as it feels to finish a half marathon (which is pretty freakin’ awesome).
- To get apprehensive when the husband talks about seeing job opportunities in places like Missouri. Sure, they have barbecue there, but they also have barbecue back home, and I’m not exactly dying to move back. I think those job sites just send him random things. Don’t think he wants to move out there either… no offense to anyone who lives in Missouri.
- To coupon until you drop! Yeah, I bought all of this for $7.39… and saved over $40. Love some triple coupons at Harris Teeter!
- To love that tomorrow is Friday, it’s pay day, and we have a company meeting, which means I don’t technically have to do any work until 10:00… assuming I *ever* get anything done before 10:00. Did I just say that?