Happy 26th to me!

So, I turned 26 on Saturday, and I had a pretty awesome birthday weekend, even if it wasn’t your typical birthday celebration.

Side note: I don’t think anything can beat my 24th birthday- which I spent on our first cruise. And turning 25 wasn’t so bad either.

I woke up at 5:45 on my birthday to run the 1st Annual FMU ROTC 5K run with my college bud Terence who now works as the Assistant Director of Housing at Francis Marion University.

Of course, campus is about a 30 minute drive for me- hence the early wake-up call, but it was an awesome run. Only about 33 people did the race, but I really enjoyed running around my college campus and thinking of all the great times I had there. I miss college so much sometimes!

I also came in first place female overall. It wasn’t my best time ever, and not that many people did the race, but I was still pretty stoked about it.

I came home and cleaned up, then went to Firehouse subs to pick up lunch for Clay and I. We watched the South Carolina vs. Kentucky game, and Carolina beat Kentucky 54-3! Talk about a blowout… yeah I know, “It was Kentucky”, but it was a really awesome comeback after our loss last week and a great first game for our quarterback Connor Shaw. Really hope we can keep our momentum for the rest of the season.

After the game, we did some house work like laundry and vacuuming, and we hung my painting from my last class at Painting Chameleon.

I also made some amazing pumpkin spice white chocolate chip cookies that I saw on Tina’s blog, Faith Fitness Fun. Easiest cookies ever- 16 oz. pumpkin, 1 box spice cake mix, and 3/4 bag of white chocolate chips. They have a nice cake texture and I like that, plus they made the entire apartment smell like Fall :).

Oh, and I got 10 hours of sleep Saturday night. After a week of 9-10 hour days at work and craptastic sleeping habits, I really needed the rest!

On Sunday, Clay and I went to Chutnee for Indian food with his sister Jelenna. Chutnee has a lunch buffet that has lots of different Indian dishes, all of which I really loved. There were 4-5 vegetarian dishes and a lot of meat dishes too. We really love Indian food so we sampled everything and especially liked the Chai tea and dessert. I can’t wait to go back to Chutnee- it’s becoming one of my favorite places to eat.

I’d so rather have Indian food for my birthday than the typical cake and ice cream, anyway ;). Who wouldn’t?

Clay’s parents and sister got me a Keurig for my birthday too! I’ve only used it once, but I’m looking forward to lots of cups of coffee, hot cocoa, and hot tea this winter! It also makes iced tea and iced coffee which is interesting. It came with 5 K-cups, but I have a feeling I’ll be buying more VERY soon.

Q: Have you ever tried Indian food? If not, what’s your favorite ethnic food?

Q: If you have a Keurig, what’s your favorite K-cup or type of coffee? Looking for recommendations here!

This entry was posted in 5Ks, Life after College, Weekend Fun and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Happy 26th to me!

1. Happy birthday! ๐Ÿ˜€ And congrats on the 5k! Small race or not, victory is victory. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. ladycoop says:

Happy Birthday!!!! And a note about your comic (happy birthday-fb), I love that FB tells me when it’s someone’s birthday b/c I can never keep track. LOL

Congrats on your race. To answer your q, I have never had Indian. I do want to try it some day but I am afraid. haha. I like Mexican and Chinese. I used to dislike Mexican but now that I am here in Texas, I love it. ๐Ÿ™‚

I bet you’d love Indian food :). Mexican is great but I’ve never had Texas Mexican food, I hear it’s different out west.

Thanks for the congrats and birthday wishes :).

3. Congrats on the race! And I loveee Indian food, but I need to try new things! I always get the Chicken or shrimp tandoori… the flavors are simply superb

Thanks for the congrats! I had something called Paneer Mahkani at the Indian restaurant, and it was amazing, I highly recommend it! That’s definitely something you could try next time :).

4. Woah that trophy is awesome! Great job for coming in first overall. I think I’ll miss college a lot too when I finally leave the place.

5. Happy Belated Birthday!!!! It looks as if you had a GREAT day!!! I am so glad.

BTW, Conner Shaw is from the same town where we moved from and his big brother (Jaybo, who originally played for Georgia Tech) plays football for my daughter’s school, Georgia Southern! His Daddy coached both of them in High School. They are quite the football family!

Thanks :). Yeah he played really well, definitely earned his quarterback spot! And it’s pretty interesting that his bro plays for your daughter’s school too and his dad coaches :). Football is definitely a good family activity like that!

6. eleanorpie says:

Maybe we should add an Indian food date to our Ice cream plans. And have you been to the cupcake shop yet? Sweet? Pretty durn good.

The Indian restaurant in Florence is the best! One of my friends is Indian and she says it is better than the ones at the beach.

Haven’t been to the cupcake shop. More of an ice cream girl :).

7. lindsay says:

happy belated birthday! glad you had a fun weekend of celebrations and congrats on the 5k win!

we used to have a keurig. got rid of it to be more “economical”/less wasteful (all the trash from each individual cup, not being able to make “bulk” coffee when guests were over/we didn’t have room for both a keurig and a regular). now we have a french press and coffee grinder… keurig’s are SO convenient though, i miss it sometimes.

anyway, some of my fav k-cups are the seasonal ones — apple cider, pumpkin spice, gingerbread… you can buy them at bed bath and beyond with those 20% off coupons that i am sure you have in abundance like i do ๐Ÿ™‚

I am going out to buy K-cups at lunch today actually. My coworkers are also telling me which ones to try. I do think I’m going to get one of those individual filters though because I can see your point, it is a lot of waste for the environment with the little cups. And yes, I have those coupons ready to go with me to BB&B.

I’m the only person in my household that drinks coffee, so really no need to make a whole pot :). Hence the keurig!

8. allieksmith says:

Happy Birthday!!!!

I love Indian food.. it is one of my favorite ethnic foods ๐Ÿ™‚

9. Tiffany G says:

I’m glad you had a great bday amy ๐Ÿ™‚
    I never had keurig hell i didnt know what it was until you told me lol. but it sounds like a cool thing to have.
    I want to run tht race at fmu next year if they have. gives me an excuse to visit bc w/ the exception of dropping off my cousin i havent visited there in a whie
    so now i need to add pumpkin cookie to the list w/ banana bread of things you need to let me sample one day lol

The cookies are amazing and very easy! I’m going to try a few more recipes of cake mix cookies, I’ll let you know how they turn out.

FMU was pretty dead on race day due to fall break but it was nice running behind the dorms and the new apartments, really brings back a lot of good memories :).

10. Happy Bday!!! Indian food is my FAVORITE!!! Naan bread with curry.. yummm

11. Pingback: Five Question Friday and Ready for Fall! |

12. Q: Have you ever tried Indian food? If not, whatโ€™s your favorite ethnic food? I have not tried Indian food, but I would love to someday– and I guess my favorite ethnic food would be the stereotypical “Mexican” food. AUTHENTIC… not Taco Bell lol.

Q: If you have a Keurig, whatโ€™s your favorite K-cup or type of coffee? Looking for recommendations here! Sorry Can’t answer this question– I don’t have a Keurig. But Chris’s grandma does– and she always gets me the vanilla flavored and it’s really good! =)

13. Pingback: Of Fall, Fond Memories, and Newspaper Clippings |