Fall and football are in the air!

So yeah, it’s still over 90 degrees outside, and we’re still laying out at the pool getting our tans on, but Fall is here.

Palmetto Pumpkin

Because around here, the first day of Fall isn’t a day on a calendar or a certain temperature… especially when your handsome husband braves almost 100 degree humidity to hang a flag!

Fall’s not a frilly coffee drink (but these are tasty!)…

Sometimes, Fall is an oxymoron. After all, who can “keep calm” during a football game?

Fall in the south is college football.

It’s mascots, tailgating, traditions, wearing gameday dresses in your team colors, paying $12 for a drink in a goofy cup with a coach’s face plastered on it, fireworks when there’s a touchdown, getting plastered because you took a shot every time Spurrier threw his visor down, jokes and smacktalk with rival friends (who you still love!), and car magnets that proudly declare you’re “On your way to see the _________ play!”

And it’s something you have to experience to understand…

The experience begins today!

Happy Fall, guys!

This entry was posted in Randomness. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Fall and football are in the air!

1. i so wish is it would just start to feel like fall for the love of… 🙂 Miami doesn’t take well to doing seasons. But yes football makes me at least know the months are changing

Girl, I don’t know how you do it running in MIA! Clay and I went down there a few years ago in OCTOBER for a cruise. Now, SC is warm but Miami was just crazy… it was over 90 at 10:00 AM in the beginning of October. I don’t even know you survive down there unless you have tinted windows, I felt like I was getting a tan just sitting in the car!

At least it does get a little cooler down there in the winter. A little!

2. GOOOOO GAMECOCKS!!! =) Yay for our win yesterday!

3. lindsay says:

you guys sure tried to make it interesting yesterday, but ultimately notre dame was the big loser of the weekend. 🙂

i’m not suuper crazy about football but i do like it. plus it means there’s always something to mindlessly/semi-watch on tv.

Bah, I think Spurrier pulls these cards to get his players to do what he wants and have storylines and something for people to talk about. The commentators really got a kick out of having the cameras point to Shaw on the sideline after he was pulled. I don’t think he should have started the game, but they really needed to give the poor guy a break, especially once things turned around for us. Focus on the game not the fact that he started and was replaced, ya know?

I felt bad for Notre Dame’s loss after all those delays too… I was mindlessly semi-watching them while running at the gym. The treadmill at the gym is truly the best place to watch college football sometimes, haha.

4. missymiller says:

That is MY kind-of pumpkin and so suited for South Florida. Have fun being a fan!

5. zenlizzie says:

I am soooooo happy for football season to be starting. Seriously, it is one of my favorite times of year. When I worked at the flo-mo, I worked every Saturday so I missed college football for two years.. no bueno.
    I’m also really excited about fall. I love the flag and your pumpkin 🙂

6. Allie says: