Despite being super busy at work and at home (cleaning and preparing for a yard sale on Saturday), I managed to squeeze in a nice 3.1 mile run on the treadmill.
This Week’s 5K Time: 28:15 (9:06 pace)
It’s supposed to cool down with temperatures in the high 80s next week here- and after today’s high of 97 degrees, it’s about time!
Reasons why I’m super excited about Fall:
- No more 95+ degree temperatures.
- No extremely cold temperatures– you don’t have to put those flip-flops away yet!
- College football.
- My birthday.
- I can run outside (safely!), do longer runs, and sign up for races again.
- Halloween and tons of awesome candy and goodies.
- I won’t have to take off my sweater/hoody that I wear at my desk at work just to walk outside.
- You can hear the high school marching bands practicing in the evenings (brings back memories!)
- Cool local things like the Pecan Festival happen in the Fall.
- Elections are held. This fascinates me.
- The sale papers for Black Friday sales leak onto the internet, so you can plan your purchases and trips accordingly :). Clay and I do this *every* year.
- Thanksgiving and more football (Clemson vs. Carolina, anyone?!?).