I stole this from Susanne. Of course, it’s not really stealing if I give credit, right? :).
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Unless the item is in a box and really easy to wrap, gift bags. I’m usually short on time.
2. Real tree or Artificial? I’ve never had a real tree. We always did artificial at my house. Even now, I have such a tiny little tree in the apartment so yeah, it’s artificial. I’m pretty sure even when I “grow up” and have a home of my own, it’ll be artificial.
3. When do you put up tree? I decorated the apartment tree a few days before Thanksgiving, and I decorated the tree in my cubicle on December 1.
4. When do you take the tree down? In January.
5. Do you like eggnog? No, my tummy can’t handle rich dairy products.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? As a young child, I got a dollhouse that I loved. It had these magnets and keys that you used to move the dolls around, and I think it was called Precious Places. I loved that thing. Then, when I was 9 or so, I got an American Girl Doll, Molly, which I also loved and played with longer than I’d like to admit. Oh, and I got a computer when I was 13, and it was my first computer so it really meant a lot too.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad. Why are men always hard to buy for?
8. Easiest person to buy for? My mom.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? We have one at my parents’ house, but I didn’t bring it back to Florence with me this year. But when I was a kid we always had it out each Christmas sitting on our coffee table.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I like mail ones, but unfortunately my college roomie just asked me if I received one that she sent last week and I had to admit that I only check my mail on a weekly basis (we pay our bills online).
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? One year I got like 20 pairs of socks. This was when I was like 9-10. Some of them were really ugly socks too and were this strange lime green color, ugh.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I love them all! Mickey’s Christmas Carol (my mommy always cried when Tiny Tim cuts his one pea), Charlie Brown/Peanuts Christmas, and A Christmas Story.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I kinda shop year round when things are on sale.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yeah. Clay’s company has this hokey set of fuzzy lamps and he got them one year at the Chinese Christmas. The next year we gave them again. They’ve been going around at his company since like 2005.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I love going to my family’s barbecue that we have at my uncle’s house. We have real barbecue- the Williamsburg County kind, even though I don’t eat the meat. I particularly love all the desserts as well :).
16. Lights on the tree? Of course :). We have white lights here in the apartment. At home, we switched it up some years but usually had a mix of white and colored lights. Also, we never had one of those Christmas trees with the same color of ornaments and all- almost all of our ornaments were gifts or ornaments my mom had made. Either way, pretty much everything had a sentimental meaning.
17. Favorite Christmas song? My favorite Christmas song was always Sleigh Ride, because we played that every year for our Christmas concert when I was in my school’s band, and I loved playing it! I wish we could have played it in parades, but the tempo is too fast and the song was too tough to memorize.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? If I travel now I just go back to Williamsburg County, and I don’t really consider that traveling because it’s close and I go home a lot, so no.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Yes! I remember in 8th grade, this was a bonus question on an algebra test. I have no clue why- I just think that teacher wanted to be funny, but it worked.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? On my tree at the apartment, we have a star. But at home we always had an angel.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? When I was a kid I always opened my presents on Christmas Eve and got Santa Claus on Christmas Day. Now I usually open everything on Christmas Day.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Honestly, it’s those radio stations that play nothing but Christmas music starting in mid-November. I like Christmas music as much as the next person, but I don’t really like it until after Thanksgiving. I mean, I live in South Carolina. You can get sunburnt on Halloween here. I don’t want to think of snow and santa when I’m wearing flip-flops and tank tops.
23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? I love all my family ornaments. That is actually the only reason I put up the Christmas tree at all.
24. Favorite for Christmas Dinner? All the veggies and sides, obviously. My mommy usually makes me macaroni and cheese, green beans, rolls, sweet potatos, and black eyed peas seasoned the vegetarian way and rice.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Honestly, I am so thankful for what I do have. I really want a 2010 that is just as amazing as 2009 has been. I have an awesome family, friends, boyfriend, job, church, apartment, car, everything. But if Santa wants *major* brownie points… I would absolutely love another cruise :).