Girl’s Day, Shopping, and Starbucks

Hey guys! So Friday I hung out with my friend Nadine. She moved here from California a few weeks ago to be with her husband who’s in the Navy (our husbands are also friends and play video games together). I had a work holiday I needed to use, so I took off and we rode around a lot, shopped, and definitely treated ourselves to some goodies.

Of course, since I work from home, we had to spend the entire day away from my home. Otherwise my day off would feel like work… nah, not really, but it’s a good work/life balance to get out of the house when you can.

We headed to A.C. Moore, which is a craft store, to check out the fall decorations and I bought a really awesome fall wreath for our door. It looks cute next to the little Gamecock garden flag my parents gave me for my birthday. I do miss my big flag from Florence, though- we don’t have a balcony here, so I couldn’t put it out this year.

After we left the craft store, we headed to Panera Bread for some lunch. I always wanted to go to Panera Bread since my online friend/blog reader Rebecca works there. It’s super close to me but I’d never been, I guess I just didn’t have a reason to go. I had a Meditteranean Veggie half sandwich and a half salad and an apple, and Nadine had a turkey salad and soup that had a great big biscuit in it. They have wifi too, so I guess I could take my laptop there and work sometime.

We also did lots of shopping at the Tanger Outlet Center. It was her first time there and only my second visit since moving here (Living in Charleston where there’s a lot to do, sometimes I don’t feel like I’ve been to places more than a few times). They have pretty much every outlet store imaginable, and since it’s an outdoor mall, it was good we had nice warm weather. I think it’s going to cool down a bit next week which will be perfect in time for Fall and my half marathon. I got some new shorts (hey, it’s warm here, we wear shorts year-round… especially people like me who work from home), and Nadine got a really pretty necklace at Zales that was a super deal (the outlets definitely have some bargains…).

And because no day is complete without tasty coffee…

So, it was really neat just taking a day for myself and chilling out with a friend. This is the first day I’ve taken off work since moving down here, and I definitely needed it. I’ll go back to work a lot more refreshed and rejuvenated- fun times!

About these ads
This entry was posted in Friends. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Girl’s Day, Shopping, and Starbucks

1. runwkate says:

That looks like such a lovely day! I love that you have a blog friend working there as well. So glad you got to have a break!

Yeah, I always read about Panera in Becca’s blog and the food sounded good, so it was neat to go to the one here, I liked it and will definitely go back soon. They had some tasty looking coffees and baked goods.

2. KrisLawrence says:

Sounds like an awesome day!!

3. Steph says:

hmm….i should take a day off work! haha =) Sounds like a fun day!

4. you are one dedicated worker to not have taken off work. glad you got that time. ac moore is one of my favorite places!

Haha, well I work from home and I live in Charleston SC. Honestly I feel like it’s been a big ole vacation ever since I got here because I have beautiful places to run and yummy things to eat and am surrounded by cool people. But I will have a few days off soon.

5. ladycoop says:

Yay for a day off. LOVE Panera. One of my fave places to eat.

6. Rebecca says:

Ahhhhh, thanks for the shoutout to me in your post! Hehe. Yay for Panera pictures. I don’t even have a picture of that in my blog anywhere yet. ;) yup, I recognize both of your meals. :D

I’m glad you liked Panera thought. It’s a little more on the expensive side, but it’s good. :)

Well, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! :D :D :D
    I somehow missed the chance to write happy birthday on your Facebook. I will get to that sometime today.

It’s always nice taking a day and chilling with a friend.

Have a very nice Tuesday evening!

It’s okay that you missed my birthday on Facebook because I know you don’t check it every day like that, thanks for wishing me a happy birthday here though :). My meal was so delicious and I can’t wake to go back and try some of the soups. I’ll probably think of you every time I eat there, too. I didn’t think it was that expensive at all really (guess I’m just used to paying a lot for lunch these days…)

• Rebecca says:

Yeah, on my break I get a 50% discount, which is very nice. Well, the food was a little cheaper when I started there, but I guuess that is inflation for you.

I’ve had all the soups there, except for clam chowder and French onion.

7. Sounds like a lovely day and I’m glad you could take some time for yourself. Happy Belated birthday girlll. I like panera but it is a bit more expensive and I’d rather go to one of the local cafes or something. :-)

Yeah, we have some neat local cafes here too, and of course I like to support them too, especially one called Ladle’s. But sometimes chains are nice too, especially if you’re not familiar with the local restaurants in an area and just want something quick. Plus Nadine really likes it so it just worked out for us.

• HollieisFueledByLOLZ says:

Oh no I agree completely with that as well. I tend to go with what I know haha! :-)

8. Patty says:

Awesome you finally got panera! Glad you had a fun day!

9. what a fun girls day!!!! what kind of coffee do you get at starbucks? (ps. you can send some of the warm weather to the midwest? haha)

10. allieksmith says:

I can totally understand needing to get out of the house since you work at home!! Glad you could spend the day with a friend, too :).

Also… That Starbucks looks delish!!! What did you get?!

It’s a mocha light frappe with a little whipped cream (it’s a little too strong without SOME whip). Also they have sugar free mocha syrup now too.

11. chasingthekenyans says:

that is a huge coffee! lol. (but obviously you can’t just order a tall at starbucks) :) sounds like a fun day with your friend. bummer about no balcony at this apt to hang the flag (ps how crazy good is SCar this year?!?) also i love that you really do wear the pearls always.

I even wear pearls for running and racing :). One of the girls on my team does as well, and her pearls are bigger than mine. Think I need another pair.

I usually get a tall at Starbucks but when you have a birthday gift card, you get the more expensive one, obviously!