Gonna party like it’s your birthday, even when it’s not your birthday…

In a few weeks, on October 8, I turn 27. Eek… it really seems like just yesterday I was 17 and graduating high school and heading off to college. One more year closer to 30, still looking about 13.

Obviously, my birthday was not this weekend, but it sure felt like it. We went out to Mellow Mushroom last night with a huge group and the dudes got pumpkin beer and I had a really awesome spinach salad and some Kosmic Karma pizza. With so many people at the table, we didn’t all get to socialize, but Nadine, Liz, and I are going out for a girl’s night next week downtown, should be fun. I’m thankful for the friends I’ve made here.

001

002

With the first day of Fall on Saturday, I rang in the season change like I ring in every Saturday morning… running! I ended up running 13.16 miles from Mt. Pleasant over the bridge, in downtown Charleston, and back to Patriot’s Point. I stayed behind Rachel and Scott from run club for the first half, but I ran back alone because my usual pacing partner Gary wasn’t there today. I had music and beautiful scenery on the Battery, so it was all good. Gotta love exploring your city on foot!

I also saw the Carnival Fantasy cruise ship when running over the bridge. Clay and I sailed on the Fantasy back in 2010 when it first arrived in Charleston. Picture 317

On the way over, it made me excited for my upcoming cruise in November, but on the way back, it just made me crave pancakes. Hey, seeing a cruise ship 10 miles into your run does that.

274578908501091889_sfTC153t_f

The run was a personal distance record for me and for a lot of the others in the run club; it makes me much more confident about my half marathon in a few weeks now that I’ve already run the distance in training. Now, it’s just about getting fast. After my run, I hit Trader Joe’s for some fruits and veggies (I’m on a kale kick lately, if you’ve never had kale you should try it!), then came home and took a really amazing shower.

When Clay woke up, he gave me my birthday present. I guess he went ahead and bought it when he got paid and wanted me to go ahead and have it, so he snuck off to Walmart last night and bought wrapping paper and wrapped it while I slept (I have an old lady bedtime). So… the present was waiting for me when I woke up.

004

Yep, I got a new laptop! Of course I am blogging from it this morning, too :).

So, I spent the entire afternoon transferring files from my old laptop, kicking my feet up, and watching football. The Gamecocks won today, so that was another awesome little present- they won 31-10 against Mizzou; I really thought the score would be closer than it was, but I’m glad we did so well. Next weekend is Kentucky but then we have some stiff competition coming up with Georgia and LSU- they are no joke.

Clay went out for sushi with a friend after the game, so I hit up Kohl’s and bought him some new workout clothes- love their crazy cheap clearance racks- and decided to officially ring in Fall…

216815_10151394678828574_176399318_n

Today… Sunday… it’s beautiful out. There’s a nice cool breeze that reminds me of Fall. I slept in, drank my coffee and ate biscotti, and checked out the football scores (Clemson lost Sad smile). Besides that, I’ll head to yoga today and probably lounge around the house a lot, that’s what weekends are for!

Other Fun Stuff:

About these ads
This entry was posted in Believe Achieve Run Club, Friends, Half Marathon, The Handsome Husband, Weekend Fun and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Gonna party like it’s your birthday, even when it’s not your birthday…

1. ladycoop says:

Yay for a new laptop. Your birthday is the day after Natalie’s.

2. Mt. Pleasant is amazing to run, when we visit my sister that is where we stay and where I run. I can’t wait to come to Charleston and I am making it a point to visit you! Blogger meet up and run? I think yes! Great on the personal record distance, I ran my personal record distance this morning of 14 miles. I couldn’t believe it! I love the present, I mean a new laptop is exactly what you need and deserve. Such an exciting weekend you had!

Oh most definitely, Mt. P is awesome for running but really the whole Charleston area is in my opinion. I loved running downtown too, you would really like it. I can’t run as fast or far as you though! Super excited about my new laptop, I also got Windows Live Writer on it which is really cool for blogging.

3. Steph says:

I always crave pancakes when I run =) Is that weird?

4. Cori H. says:

Sounds like a fun weekend! I’m glad you have made such good friends in Charleston. Congrats on breaking your personal record! That’s awesome that he bought you a new laptop for your birthday! Enjoy! I have to say that I was so relieved FSU beat Clemson. My Noles were worrying me in the 1st half! Have a great Sunday!

Yeah, I was kinda sad FSU beat Clemson, I really wanted them to pull off an upset, but i know you’re an FSU fan so I guess that’s good for you. I was hoping USC and Clemson would both be undefeated when they play each other, hehe. Clemson and FSU are both still good teams this year, though!

5. That is awesome. I can’t believe you are 27 or that I’m 22. I think aging is starting to become real life. Glad you got such a sweet laptop!

6. A new laptop is the perfect birthday present! I got mine for my birthday a couple of years ago before going off to college but I picked out the design and everything ahead of time so it wasn’t a surprise, which would have been better.

7. jaml905 says:

Wow! Advance Happy Birthday to you! I was born in the month of October too. :) But I’m older than you. I Will be turning 3-0! =) That was one sweet birthday present!!! Awesome! :)

I love pumpkin spice coffee. =) But I only get to have it in Starbucks. I love everything about signature coffees during the fall. I didn’t know Green Mountain has it too. Thanks for sharing.

Goodluck with your upcoming Half Marathon race! :)

8. Weeee yay for a new laptop, I would say that is a pretty stellar gift Amy :) Also, congratulations on the PDR, that is such an accomplishment and I am sure made you feel pretty dang good about yourself. Looking forward to hearing how AWESOME you do in your upcoming race m’dear

Thanks Tessa! Yes, I felt great after my 13, I wasn’t even sore the next day. I did take it off but ran about 2.5 miles tonight while coaching cross country. I feel pretty confident about my half now!

9. New laptop = awesome.
    I haven’t been to Mellow Mushroom in like 2 years and it is so good. There are just so many good places in Charleston it is hard to get to them all.

Yeah, one of our friends suggested going there. I loved it back in Florence, but we were a lot more limited on where to eat and MM was right beside my job and with the vegetarian options, we ended up there a lot. I think it’ll still be one of my faves here, but I don’t like the parking situation in Avondale!

10. Kara says:

I love this post! What a great birthday gift, way to go Clay! Oh and I hate Mizzou so YAY GAMECOCKS!! Congrats on your PDR!!! THAT’s AMAZING!!! Best feeling ever, right?? Hooray for you!!

11. runwkate says:

Happy pre-birthday! That sounds like a fabulous weekend. Especially the looking forward to cruise/looking forward to pancakes ends of your run :-D

12. happy early bday!!! hehe…so glad u have a blast, and omg, i LUV that carbivore toon!! soo true! :) and whoo whoo on the PDR. not gonna lie, u’re soo gonna smash 100 miles this month. :)

13. Patty says:

Happy almost birthday! I’m turning 27 this year too, yay for old-ladies club! It’s awesome you seem really settled in the new place with new awesome people :) also, clay is so sweet!