Wet Wednesday and Weekend Recap

Hey guys! I hope everyone’s having a Wonderful Wednesday. Here in Charleston, it’s more like a wet Wednesday because we’ve gotten lots of rain this week. I’m still catching up, so my Wednesday is more of a weekend update with some details from last week thrown in.

Feelin’ like home.

Last week, Erin and I went out for Japanese food because she hadn’t had it in a long time and I love going to lunch with friends- trust me, it takes on a whole new meaning when you work from home and want interaction. We went to Nakato Japanese Steak House and it was pretty good; even though it was lunch, we got large portions and left stuffed with takeout boxes of leftovers. I had the hibachi veggies and fried rice, she had the teriyaki chicken, and we took a picture.

Love our lunches together!

Speaking of food, I’ve had Japanese, Korean, and Greek food in the past week… I guess all the ethnic food goes along with the Summer Olympics going on, huh? Maybe I should try to get Mexican, Indian, or Thai food in while I’m at it.

This weekend, we had Clay’s family over to visit and bring us a few things that we stored at their house when we moved (Christmas decor!). They were on their way to the cruise port to get on the Carnival Fantasy for a fun week at sea- I see the exit sign for the port whenever I head to Mt. Pleasant to run and get a little jealous, but I know they’re having a great time. Before they went to the port, we all went out for breakfast to catch up on things since it was their first time visiting us at our new home. Clay took them to the port, and I got things ready for his Dungeons and Dragons game party (hosting gaming gatherings at your house is hard work- I made two kinds of cookies and dips, so I didn’t take any pictures), and we had friends over to watch the UFC fights that night. Here are some pictures:

Guys- Clay, Damien, and Chad

Ronnie and I- we actually went to college together for a year or so. Neat huh?

Needless to say, I crashed Saturday night. Between an 8 mile run on Isle of Palms (the half marathon training plan called for 6, but another lady and I ran 4 before we realized we should turn around), having Clay’s parents over, hosting the D&D party, then having friends over to watch the fights, I was exhausted! I spent most of Sunday resting, aside from a 5 mile run on the West Ashley Greenway and brunch. It was one of the busiest but most fun weekends I’ve had in awhile.

You might like…

About these ads
This entry was posted in Friends, Weekend Fun and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Wet Wednesday and Weekend Recap

1. Sounds like a fun but packed few days. I haven’t had japanese food in ages!

Japanese food is so good. That was my first time having it in awhile, it’s not something we go out for much, but we do like sushi (which we usually buy at the grocery store, haha).

2. Patty says:

Sounds like you’ve been doing a little bit (or a lot a bit) of everything! Glad you’re having fun in your new town :)

3. You really are out and about a ton Amy, love it and good for you for continuing to really get yourself out there and acquainted with the town :) I certainly don’t blame you for crashing on Saturday!

Thanks Tessa! Yeah, I fell asleep as soon as I hit the bed Saturday night and rested most all afternoon on Sunday too. Weekends can be good for catching up on sleep!

4. I don’t know if I’ve ever had Japanese food, but I love pretty much all ethnic cuisines so I think I’ll have to give it a try! I do love veggie sushi rolls, but I’ve never been to a place with the really crazy and creative rolls.

Yeah, most of the sushi I’ve had has been pretty generic veggie rolls with the occasional fish roll thrown in since I do eat seafood occasionally. Sometimes if you go to Thai restaurants they have good sushi too.

5. Rebecca says:

You lucky South Carolinans! Wish it was raining a lot up here. We had a thunderstorm here on Saturday night, but I was asleep. :( and it rained on Sunday morning, but that’s about it. I mean, sunshine is good. I’ve been in a really good mood this summer, because the sun has shined a lot… but it’s amazing how much of I’ve wanted rain. I guess the phrase, “the grass is greener on the other side” really is true, huh?

I’ve never had Japanese food. I’d like some. I guess I’ve always been afraid to try it. The food looks delicious in the picture though! And I’m glad you guys had a nice deal on it and had leftovers. :)

Your haircut looks really good! It’s interesting how you called yours “short” in your previous post. I chopped off/donated my hair back in January, and it’s still shorter than yours. Lol. But I had mine REALLY short in January. I sure shocked everyone. Haha. But yours is a very nice length. And it looks like you can still do fun stuff with it. I’m just now getting to do stuff with mine. :)

Ahh, you put me to shame with how much you run. I’ve been doing better with exercising, but an 8 mile run on Saturday? I still can’t even run a HALF mile yet. But I’m getting better/happier with exercising more. Hehe.

Have a blessed afternoon!

Well, I couldn’t always just up and run 8 miles. It takes a long time to build up to and lots of hard work. You have to really want it.

This is the shortest I’ve had my hair since college, like around 2005. But, I’ve since lost the glasses I had then and also lost some weight (especially in my face) so the cut looks different on me now. I would donate but I don’t think they take dyed hair.

Don’t be afraid to try new foods! Just get it, if you don’t like it you’re only out a few dollars but you’ve had a cultural experience and can at least say you’ve tried it. Just try it at a real restaurant, not like a stand in the mall or grocery store sushi (I eat my share of grocery store sushi too, but that wasn’t my first sushi ever and not the only one I eat).

6. I def understand about the wet weather. It is weird to me that so much of the country is in a drought when all we have gotten the last couple of weeks is rain. Glad to see the run went well!

Yeah, I think it’s a drought because of how long we went without having much rain… I guess there’s a deficet overall or something, I don’t get it. The whole weather is wacky all over the country though.

7. awwww, i’m glad u had an AWESOME weekend!! okay, shout out to the teenage mutant ninja turtles shirt!! omg, i luv them….haha, no joke i have a raphael stuffed animal on my bed. wow, i totally outed myself as the biggest nerd in. the. world. ;)

Haha it’s okay! Clay loves them too and I loved them when I was a kid :). I used to watch the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon every Saturday morning, back when Sat. morning cartoons were actually on TV and worth watching!

8. Nakato in West Ashley is my absolute favorite place for sushi. Yummy!

I didn’t have any sushi there but now that you said it, I will make sure to go back just to try the sushi :). We haven’t really had sushi since moving here (minus grocery store sushi, that doesn’t really count). Thanks for the recommendation!