It’s Okay Thursday- July 12

Hey guys! I hope everyone’s having a good week so far- either way, it’s Thursday and almost the weekend, so if you’re not, at least you have something to look forward to! I also get paid this week, so I’m really looking forward to that. Charleston isn’t cheap!

Since my mom is out of the hospital and recovering nicely, and I didn’t have a mid-week race, I haven’t been as stressed this week. I visited my mom on Sunday and she’s doing much better. She’s now driving around town, eating well, and recovering overall (turns out, she had bronchitis, an infection, and an overactive thyroid all at once, eek!). We’re both really thankful for everyone’s thoughts and prayers too- the comments, facebook messages, and texts have been well appreciated.

On a happy note, TWELVE of our Florence Track Club kiddos qualified for the USATF National Junior Olympic Meet in two weeks! Even though I can no longer go to practices and coach, I keep up with the team through all my Florence friends.

Speaking of Florence friends, my friend Shayna visited last week. Shayna is originally from Charleston and since she was visiting her family for July 4, we couldn’t pass up an opportunity to get together for delicious Indian food. Last Friday, we headed to Nirlep for the buffet just like old times in Florence. Shayna and I both love Indian food. She was my first Charleston visitor, and seeing her really made my day with my stressful week.

Despite missing a lot of people, I’m making some awesome friends here. Monday night, my friend Erin (who also recently moved here) and I went to a bring-a-friend night at my gym. They had free massages, free food, and local businesses were there advertising and giving things away. My gym has nights when you can bring a friend pretty often, which is pretty cool. We did a yoga class and hung out afterward (but didn’t take any pictures).

It’s Thursday, so I’m linking up with A Complete Waste of Makeup for It’s Okay Thursday.

It's Okay

To enjoy making lunch lately. My lunch yesterday was a tomato sandwich on toasted Ezekial bread with spinach and kale dip, carrot sticks, fresh cherries, and an unpictured scoop of Heath toffee candy frozen yogurt- healthy and delicious!

To listen to 90s Hits on DirecTV all day long at work and reminisce about being a kid and growing up. So yeah, I do occasionally get up and dance to the cheesy pop songs, but so many of the songs bring back memories of simpler times that I miss.

To feel peeved when you get a package notice in the mail, go into the rental office to pick it up, and find that it’s really just a large piece of junk mail that wouldn’t fit in your little mailbox.

To miss the sweaty high fives and hugs from the track kiddos, but look forward to more in the Fall when I hopefully start coaching here. I’ve already been talking to someone about that :).

To look forward to the new season of Big Brother that starts tonight! One of the greatest summer reality shows and definitely appreciated since my satellite provider temporarily blacked out all the Viacom channels due to the price increase.

To freak out when you miss a turn on your way to the grocery store and end up on the busy major highway. I didn’t get lost, but I know which intersections to avoid now!

Q1.) Do you watch reality shows? I like them, but not as much as I did in high school or college. We used to get together each week to watch Big Brother eliminations in college- I miss that!

Q2.) What’s the coolest package you’ve gotten recently? I got a t-shirt, lunch bag, and coupons for winning a giveaway last week. I’m expecting a dress I ordered from Target to come in soon, though.

Q3.) What do you usually eat for lunch?¬†Do you make it yourself, go out to restaurants, or pick it up? I’ve been eating a lot of sandwiches lately because they’re easy, but sometimes I do go out, either to meet with friends or just get out of the house.

About these ads
This entry was posted in Family, Florence Track Club, It's Okay Thursday, Track and Field, Working from Home and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to It’s Okay Thursday- July 12

1. ladycoop says:

1) LOVE Big Brother. I also like So You Think You Can Dance (when I can remember to watch) and The Voice. I don’t have cable so I don’t watch too much reality tv anymore.

2) Coolest- my Iced Coffee BzzKit. Came with a cup, samples, and coupons.
    Or my amazon order of vegan cookbooks. LOL

3) I am not a big lunch eater- bad I know. Sometimes I will make a homemade cheeseless pizza or eat leftovers from the night before. That sandwich you took a pic of looks DELISH though.

I actually would try cheeseless pizza. I don’t like a huge amount of cheese on my pizza anyway, but I do like a lot of sauce and toppings. Might be tasty… thanks for the idea.

I love getting free samples in the mail! I got some K-Cup samples a few days ago too!

2. 90s hit?! I could seriously listen to that all day!

Do I watch reality shows? HA! Of course I do! It’s seriously such a huge weakness for me and I have zero shame about it :)

I love listening to it all day and I do most of the time, hehe. Plus now I can record BB and other reality shows on DVR and watch them if Clay and I want to do something else!

3. umm, collective HUUURAH for payday!! hehe. :) dang, i’m soooo sorry that ur poor mom had about everything under the moon all at once!! wat a trooper and i’m so happy she’s doing so well…big hugs! XOXO yea, i get sucked into reality shows too…don’t worry, i think we all need some trash tv time. ;)
    that said, not gonna lie, the best package i got of recent were my new get chicking shirts back from the screeners! :)

4. those are all great and way to go with making your lunch everyday, that is a good practice to have.

5. The spinach and kale dip on your sandwich sounds so good! I actually really like making my own lunches, especially when I have a lot of time on my hands to make something more elaborate. But going out to eat at one of my favorite places is fun to do sometimes too!

It is a delicious dip! I don’t have a ton of time on my hands to make lunch, but I do have a little time (no having to drive to a lunch destination), so I use it wisely and make something tasty.

6. lindsay says:

i didn’t even know BB was still on, haha. but i am a sucker for lame reality tv. “reality” i should say. glad to hear your mom is doing better and that they figured out what was going on (vs not ever finding out).

7. AHh I would get pretty pissed about the mail situation as well! I soo look forward to packages so that would have made me sad lol. And I have heard Big Brother is great but it’s a show I never got into… maybe I will try and watch it sometime this summer!

I look forward to pretty much all mail! Going to the mailbox is the most exciting part of my day sometimes. Big Brother is a pretty cool summer show but you have to sorta watch it from the beginning. It’s just starting up so you still have time!

8. Patty says:

Aww yay for yummy lunches!!! And I love that picture of hugs and the heart!!! It’s so true! A hard hug stabilizes the sympathetic nervous system, making you happy and more relaxed. YAY SCIENCE!

Have a good week Amy Lauren :)

9. Kara says:

That sandwich looks soooo good!! Might have to make one tomorrow :) I also love listening to old music and reminiscing…sometimes it makes me sad though!