Smile for me, let me see your grill…

Happy Birthday to my handsome husband, Clay!

Yeah, that picture is five years old, but it’s still cute. And I still have that shirt.

Sunday was Clay’s birthday and made two weeks since our move down to Charleston. We got up early this morning around 8 and drank iced mochas while reading the morning paper (of course I clipped coupons too). Side note- we love the new International Delight refrigerated mocha coffee; it has 8 serving for the price of one coffee shop drink, so quite a deal and very tasty if you like iced coffee and we do.

Clay has wanted a grill forever and the fact that our apartment community allows them was a big selling point for us to move here. Quite a few local stores had them on sale today, and when I asked Clay what he wanted to do for his birthday, I knew what he’d say.

We hit up Lowe’s and Home Depot to check out the selection and prices and ended up buying a 3 burner gas grill at Lowe’s. We also bought propane, a grill cover, and paid $19 to rent a truck to drive it around 6 miles back to our apartment (had to put 75 cents worth of gas in the truck to fill the tank, too).

This afternoon, in between a trip to the pool and Clay playing lots of video games, he grilled chicken for dinner and loved it.

Hey, at least I didn’t have to take him out to a restaurant for his birthday.

Best birthday ever!

About these ads
This entry was posted in Holidays, The Handsome Husband and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Smile for me, let me see your grill…

1. hhaha you surely know the way to a man’s heart, happy birthday to him!

2. Happy Birthday to him! That;s such a great gift for him :)

3. Happy Birthday to him! I was actually just wondering about that iced coffee the other day. I might have to try it.

Thanks Hollie! The iced coffee is great, we have only had the mocha one but I will be getting the vanilla one later this week, probably.

The mocha is delish but you definitely want to put additional ice with it, it’s a little strong/too sweet otherwise.

4. ladycoop says:

that last pic is too cute. LOL Glad he had a good day!

5. allieksmith says:

What do you think of the iced coffee!? Yay or nay? Happy birthday to Clay–awesome gift!

The iced coffee is delicious. It’s $3.99 in the store but when you think about it, it’s just a little more than a single small one at Starbucks, so it’s well worth it (especially if you’re like me and don’t live near a Starbucks anyway…)

6. Amanda says:

Looks like he had a great birthday! That chicken looks quite yummy too.

7. Aww what a nice birthday, happy belated to Clay :) I have been eying that ice coffee at the grocery store! WILL be trying it, and soon!

8. happy happy bday to the hubs!!! i luv the tag “the handsome husband.” u guys are too cute :)

9. Kara says:

What a perfect day! You two are so cute together :)

10. Happy birthday to Clay! A grill is a really awesome birthday present. A lot of people think that vegetarians can’t get a lot of use out of a grill but I still love using the one we have to grill tempeh and veggies and stuff. Grilling always reminds me of summer!

11. happy belated birthday clay! guys and their grills… hope he will grill up some yummy veggies for you!

12. Patty says:

Happy Birthday to Clay!! I’m glad you found a new place, and grill-worthy too!! Love that first picture of the two of you!! Frame it!!