It’s Okay Thursday- May 17

Hey guys! I hope everyone’s having a good week so far. Mine’s been pretty busy and also pretty stressful! Things are very busy at work and with running and with other stuff in life right now, so I’ve been uber stressed- I won’t go into all the details online, as it’s a more personal matter.

That’s just how life is though- and I’m trying to find effective, positive ways to deal with my stress and remember that I have so many amazing friends there to help me. Sometimes it really helps to count your blessings and realize that no matter what you’re going through, you still have it better than so many others out there :).

Since it’s Thursday, I’m linking up with A Complete Waste of Makeup for It’s Okay Thursday.

It's Okay

To go to bed at 9:30 and sleep until 7:30, then wake up ready to take on the world. Never underestimate the healing power of 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

To run a 5K race but secretly have more fun jumping in the post-race inflatables with the kiddos.

To be super excited about the Race for Taylor this weekend but also wish for a cool breeze. Let’s hope I don’t regret picking the 10K (longer) option over the 5K. If you’re in the Florence area, you should be running or walking it too… hint hint :).

To laugh about breaking stuff. Two Saturdays ago, I broke my toaster heating up a waffle. Last Saturday, I broke a drink glass Clay and I bought on our honeymoon. I hope I don’t break anything this Saturday (as long as it’s not a broken bone or something, I think I’m okay).

To cry on a friend’s shoulder if you need to- and let them cry on yours when they need to. Or just hug and cry together. Sometimes a good cry helps.

To feel unhappy when track practice is called due to bad weather and wish the weather had been bad enough to call practice off before getting out there (or that the weather had just cooperated).

To just realize your Easter decorations are still up in your cubicle. Guess that shows how busy work is.

To *finally* donate the 4 trash bags full of clothes you no longer wear to charity… after they’ve been riding in your trunk for about 3 months.

About these ads
This entry was posted in It's Okay Thursday. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to It’s Okay Thursday- May 17

1. Patty says:

Haha, ok I laughed out loud at that very last one! That is definitely me! I love these ‘It’s OK Thursdays.’ Helps make me feel a little better about my week too :)

Good luck on your race this week! I know you’ll do fabulously! Fingers crossed for a good breeze!

Thanks, it’s been warm here. I’ve also been exhausted from a medicine lately, so I’m hoping I can just make it 6.2 miles right now. And yeah, this post always makes me feel better too!

2. Kara says:

I hope you feel better and less stressed soon, sorry you’re feeling that way :(

I’ve had about 5 bags of clothes to donate in my car AND in my basement for months. It’s so bad!

Yeah, I just cleaned out a bunch more.

I’m hoping to feel less stressed soon too. I’ll keep you guys posted. There’s just a lot to it that I don’t want to talk about online. Fortunately, I have lots of amazing real life friends on my side :). I’m one lucky girl.

3. I hope you have abetter day and you can be alittle less stressed. Remember to take time for you, even when life gets busy. i know I have a huge problem with this, but I’m working on it!
    Happy Friday!

4. I am so bad about breaking stuff! I accidentally dropped a toaster once and I broke out microwave just by heating something up in it–it started buzzing and sparking and I had no idea why. I’m such a klutz too so I’ve tripped for no good reason more times than I can count. It’s just something you have to laugh about and I’ve learned not to make such a big deal out of it anymore.

Haha, I’m surprised I haven’t broken an appliance yet myself. I’m also a klutz and have almost tripped over my own feet when running- it’s bound to happen one day!

5. Aww Amy I am sorry you felt rather upset that day, but I hope the crying really did help you, I know it does for me! You do have to laugh at breaking stuff after a certain point, no use in getting very angry for no reason!
    I am hopefully getting 9+ hours of sleep tonight and you are so right, it’s totally okay :)

6. These are great and I am super jealous of that 10+ uninterrupted sleep. I need one of those. And jumping on those blow up things are so much fun… despite the age range. Glad I found your blog!

7. chasingthekenyans says:

at least your donation bag made it to the car. mine’s still in the spare bedroom… but technically i do slowly add things to it? :)

also, i hope that the ‘stressful stuff’ is what i (now) know is going on and not anything more than that! thinking of you guys and “that” and i know it will all work out better than you could have ever planned!